Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Hi from a complete newbie 😊
    By Josephine in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-03-2018, 12:36 PM
  2. A complete newbie
    By Phil47 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-06-2016, 05:01 PM
  3. Hello all complete newbie here
    By jonna in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 11:36 AM
  4. Hello everyone! Complete newbie from South america here
    By Juan Aaron in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16-05-2014, 08:35 PM
  5. complete newbie
    By wib in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-05-2014, 04:42 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Complete Newbie looking for help please with SG400 please !!

I have recently purchased a pixmax heat press and sawgrass sg400 printer to start a small business. Im printing on to A4 aluminium sheets.
    I cant seem to get rid of the border when printing so Im not getting a full coverage of the a4 board.

Does anyone know:
    1. Does the sg400 offer borderless printing?
    2. Any ideas how I can get rid of the 5mm border so it completely fills an A4 sheet?

I am literally driving my self insane and its quite a big deal for what Im trying to produce.
    Any help very very much appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The SG400 is basically a Ricoh SG3110 printer and DOESN'T offer borderless printing. I get around this by ordering aluminium sheets sized to the Ricoh print area from Sublimetals ..... https://www.sublimetals.co.uk/produc...heet-a4-ricoh/

Hope that helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I had considered using smaller sheets as a work around.
    Are there any sublimation printers that offer edge to edge printing?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Always something to bear in mind when buying equipment. if you're planning on printing A4 items, jigsaws, metal and so on, you often need an A3 printer to allow for full print area.

Sorry this doesn't help you much now but important to mention.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just to say that edge to edge isn't quite what you are after as you will always need to leave around 3-5mm bleed around the edge for positioning of artwork. So sadly Marzy, you will have to buy A3 printer to fully print A4. BUT you can get a slightly bigger print off the A4. When you are in printer options then head into "Detailed Settings", select "Edit" from the menu and scroll down and ensure "Printable Area" is set to "Maximum".

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The Ricoh sized aluminium sheets I mentioned are not much less than A4 and, just looking at them, it's hard to tell the difference. Unless you have a specific need for an exact A4-sized sheet then I'd advise you to order some samples and give them a go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I’ll try and get some samples and see how I go with those as an A3 printer isn’t an option at the moment.
    Another question I have is, which design software are people using? When I design and then print through vertuoso it always changes the dimensions slightly, for example if I designed a squared at 50x50mm it would print at 48x48mm ....does anyone else experience this? I can obviously add size on when designing but it’s not always exactly 2mm that it changes by.
    i don’t know if it’s the design software or virtuoso causing the issues and I’m not getting clarification from sawgrass.
    Last edited by marzy; 30-03-2018 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Spelling

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Always something to bear in mind when buying equipment. if you're planning on printing A4 items, jigsaws, metal and so on, you often need an A3 printer to allow for full print area.

Sorry this doesn't help you much now but important to mention.
    The A4 printers (SG3110 and SG400) will take US letter sized paper which is a little wider than UK A4 so you can get to print closer to the edge of the A4 sheet. There are also papers on the market that are UK A4 in length and US letter in width and these can be printed on fine with the standard A4 printer (just amend your paper size to a customised sheet of the correct measurements - 297mm x 216mm)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bms View Post
    The A4 printers (SG3110 and SG400) will take US letter sized paper which is a little wider than UK A4 so you can get to print closer to the edge of the A4 sheet. There are also papers on the market that are UK A4 in length and US letter in width and these can be printed on fine with the standard A4 printer (just amend your paper size to a customised sheet of the correct measurements - 297mm x 216mm)
    Can you point in the direction of where I can find these papers please?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bms View Post
    Surely you'd still be left with blank margins top and bottom though when sublimated?

You'd need US LEGAL size (8.5 x 14 inches) sublimation paper to be able to compensate for all 4 margins. Also, the paper wouldn't fit in the tray.

Here's a neat solution from member wayupnorth - https://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforu...-5-x-14-quot-)
    Last edited by webtrekker; 30-03-2018 at 10:33 PM.