Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Advice regarding inkjet printer
    By jampers in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-08-2015, 10:49 PM
  2. Advice on my printer choices please
    By Daddyg in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-08-2013, 10:56 PM
  3. advice on the right printer
    By iaing in forum Printers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-07-2013, 12:58 AM
  4. advice on printer
    By india in forum Printers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 16-01-2013, 03:06 PM
  5. Printer advice
    By Dave271069 in forum Printers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi i'm new on here, looking for which A3 printer advice?

Hi there
    I'm just new on here, hoping someone can point me in the right direction for an A3 Sub Printer.
    Currently got an A3 Epson b1100 converted to sublimation but it now says print pads are at the end of their service and whole printer wont work, Epson says they're designed to do this to avoid damage??
    Anyway, could anyone recommend where either I could get it fixed? or the best reasonably priced A3 sub printer?
    I have an Etsy shop where I sell sub printed scarves and women's fashion if that's relevant to the best type of printer!
    Any help massively appreciated!
    Rachel

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Hi Rachel,

We provide a reset key to reset the waste ink pad error message on the Epson printers, the key is £6.95 and is supplied by email. You would be back worknig again within 10 minutes.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WIC-Servi...UAAOSw6n5XsuDg

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | 01902 307111 |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InkExpress For This Useful Post:

Justin (04-04-2018), Rachel123 (04-04-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    For a one-off rest, you can get the FREE trial here ...

https://www.wic.support/free-trial-r...how-to-use-it/

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

Justin (04-04-2018), Rachel123 (04-04-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    For a one-off rest, you can get the FREE trial here ...

https://www.wic.support/free-trial-r...how-to-use-it/
    The free trial is good, but only resets the counters from 100% down to 90% but a good way of seeing how it works without spending anything.

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

| 01902 307111 |

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InkExpress For This Useful Post:

Rachel123 (04-04-2018), webtrekker (04-04-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ah, I see, thanks for that.

I'm not an Epson user myself. I suppose even resetting to 90% would help to get out of a pickle though. The problem I have with this is obviously why any Epson owner should have to pay for a reset code. Is it because they claim that once the pads are full the printer is finished, and they don't want anyone to be able to easily reset them?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

Rachel123 (04-04-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    Ah, I see, thanks for that.

I'm not an Epson user myself. I suppose even resetting to 90% would help to get out of a pickle though. The problem I have with this is obviously why any Epson owner should have to pay for a reset code. Is it because they claim that once the pads are full the printer is finished, and they don't want anyone to be able to easily reset them?
    Yes indeed it would get the user out of a pickle. I also agree with you regarding the waste ink pads, really Epson should make it a consumable item that the user can replace (like on a RICOH) some of the larger Workforce Epson printers now have a maintenance box that can be replaced by the end user (like the RICOH waste ink box).

Epson suggest through the message that appears that the printer is broken and an 'important' part needs replacing, but in reality it is simply the foam pad that is saturated with ink. I understand why its there and why the error appears as the printer would just eventually overflow with ink but it is wrong that they stop the user from using the printer when the message appears.

The WIC software is a good tool and a reset key is not a great expense, but really it shouldn't be required and the user should be able to make their own mind up if they choose to carry on using the printer (risking it flooding with ink), have it repair / serviced or buy a new one.

| 01902 307111 |

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InkExpress For This Useful Post:

Rachel123 (04-04-2018), webtrekker (04-04-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there
    Thanks so much for getting in touch with me!
    That sounds like a brilliant solution.. do I just follow that link in your reply?
    Many thanks
    Rachel

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know if there's a way of me replacing the foam pad myself? or where I should go to get it done at all?
    Thanks
    Rachel

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel123 View Post
    Do you know if there's a way of me replacing the foam pad myself? or where I should go to get it done at all?
    Thanks
    Rachel
    Hi Rachel, yes just follow the eBay link, order and pay for a key and it will be emailed across to you. If you order before 5pm I can send it straight away. After 5pm it will be sent first thing in the morning.

Generally the pads are not removed or replaced due to the cost, but we do offer a waste ink kit. Which is basically a small Tupperware container and a tube that you connect to your printer. The ink is bypassed into this external container rather than the internal foam pads meaning they do not overflow. You simply empty the container at your leisure.

I have never fit one to a B1100 but I am very sure it is the same fitment as another model we sell. The waste ink kits are £13.95 the kit you would need is here - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waste-Ink...8AAOSw7hRWQ0ZZ

Alex

| 01902 307111 |

15. The Following User Says Thank You to InkExpress For This Useful Post:

Rachel123 (04-04-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thank you,
    I've just ordered the reset key and I will bear the waste ink kit in mind.
    I wasn't very happy this morning as there's nothing wrong with the printer from what I can see and after speaking to Epson was even less happy, just feel it's a tad bad practise!
    I really appreciate your help on this and will let you know how I get on with the reset.
    Thanks again
    Rachel