Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sub Inks for Epson A3 printer L1300
    By Helen in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 19-04-2015, 02:45 PM
  2. Epson b1100 with refillable inks.....
    By Robertdh31 in forum Printers
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 13-10-2012, 09:31 AM
  3. epson inks
    By stuart in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 07:33 PM
  4. Inks and things for epson b1100
    By Jesus in forum Printers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 21-11-2011, 01:55 PM
  5. Epson D120 CISS + Inks
    By Flash in forum Printers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 23-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Epson L1800 compatible with dye sub inks?

My 1500w has died after good service, so pondering what next? The L1800 is set up for refilling not cartridges, but are the heads compatible with ink tec etc?

Anybody know or anybody tried?

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Can't say I've ever seen the 1800. Is this a 1500 with eco tanks fitted? How long has it been available?

I know the 1500 is going up isn price due to demand and Epson not making anymore. Ink Express are testing the replacement 15000 model but this will be some time yet.

I did wonder about a P400/600 model with additional colours myself but this 1800 looks interesting.

Only available in Europe?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin
    I saw it on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Epson-L1800.../dp/B00NM1NAMY

So assumed it was available in the UK.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin
    I saw it on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Epson-L1800.../dp/B00NM1NAMY

So assumed it was available in the UK.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    L1800 are an EU model so would not be covered by Epson UK warranty and would be a bit of a pain to arrange an exchange or repair in the event of an issue. The L1800 is basically the eco tank version of the 1500W so in theory will work with sublimation inks without issue.

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | 01902 307111 |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to InkExpress For This Useful Post:

JMugs (09-04-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Glad you came in on this one Ink Express :-)

I was looking at an A4 6 colour, also an L model so I guess same issue as you've mentioned. The P50 was a cracking A 4 6 colour but I'm right in thinking they never replaced that in the UK?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Glad you came in on this one Ink Express :-)

I was looking at an A4 6 colour, also an L model so I guess same issue as you've mentioned. The P50 was a cracking A 4 6 colour but I'm right in thinking they never replaced that in the UK?
    No worries Justin, the P50 was officially replaced by the XP55 but it was no where near the printer the P50 was.

The L800 or L805 are the closest to a P50, they are basically the Eco Tank version of the P50 abit like the 1500W to the L1800. Great machines but again you may / most likely will have issues with warranty. But then again when using sublimation inks in any printer there is a risk with warranty.

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

| 01902 307111 |

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yes I noticed they said the XP55 had replaced it but as you say, no where near as good. I did have an XP55 on test but couldn't stop the pizza wheel issue and destroyed it trying to take them out! haha.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I appreciate each printer should ideally have it's own profile made but if same inks & paper are used does this make much difference? Just thinking if Jmugs did get the L1800 would his existing profile for the 1500 likely be fine?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    In theory it is a 1500W, but you never know how well it will work with an ICC made for another printer until you try it.

Though the print heads are the same it would depend on how the printer laid the ink down as to whether the ICC worked well or not.

Take for instance the WF7110 and the WF7610.
    Internal print heads are the same, but the way they lay ink down is completely different, and so we have a profile for each.

It's always worth a shot though, especially with how limited the printer market is becoming.

Christian

| 01902 307111 |

12. The Following User Says Thank You to InkExpress For This Useful Post:

Justin (09-04-2018)