Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Oki White Toner Decals
    By Red5 in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16-12-2015, 06:42 PM
  2. Decals for under your mugs
    By chongsta in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-07-2014, 12:44 AM
  3. decals request
    By soulclaimed in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2014, 10:53 PM
  4. Wall Decals
    By mikeoooze in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 11:54 AM
  5. wall decals
    By cardman in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How Do You Price Decals?

I have no idea how to price up full colour contour cut decals of varying sizes!

Do any of you guys have any solutions for working out what they could retail at?

I just spent a few enjoyable hours creating accurate cutlines and the final decal looks brilliant :) Measures 14.5 cms wide by 8cms high.

Any ideas?

Cheers

John
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many colours? How long on the computer designing it? How long to weed it all out? How much wasted material per decal? How much per meter has the vinyl cost you? Application tape also costs and people often forget that part. Also if you are selling on for someone to install themselves are you going to provide a squeegee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After posting I realised I should have include more info :)

The decals are printed on a Roland BN-20 so full colour.

The artwork was complex but all I had to do was create the cutline - took me about an hour to do accurately.

Print time is about 14 minutes for 3 decals 14.5 cms wide by 8cms high.

Weeding was a breeze and took less than a minute :)

The customer will fit so I guess I could provide the necessary and make a small profit on that :)

Postage would likely be one of those card backed envelopes.

Cheers

John
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In that case I would just work out the cost per meter of materials, ink is such a small cost that it doesn’t really factor. Are these going to be laminated decals as that may affect your costs. I print on a CJV 30-60 which I generally charge from £25 per meter I always laminate as standard.

Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks,

I don't laminate mainly because I never have and don't have any laminating equipment - would I need additional equipment to laminate small'ish decals or does the liquid laminate work well?

Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apply the laminate file using the wet method and a squeegee then put it back through the machine to cut it.

Many thanks
    Iain

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info, something new for me to try :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    you didn't use much media, but did use a lot of YOU !
    "all I had to do was create the cutline - took me about an hour to do accurately."

An hour is a long time to create a cut line .....
    Probably by the time you have done all the bits and bobs and addressed an envelope, and checked this forum a couple of times you will be upto 2 hours.

What is your shop target income per hour per employee?
    The media and ink cost is negligable, but you have used a lot of you, your shop, and your £4000 machine ........

Shame you are not doing 200 off !
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    How are you creating your cutlines? ..... with the Pen tool?!

I can load a design into Photoshop, fill it with bkack on a white background and vectorise it in seconds with one click in VectorMagic. That's how I do all my vectorisation for print and cut or just contour cutting unless it's a vector design I've made from scratch.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

logobear (13-04-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your artwork time should be £30 ish(unless you are going to use the artwork again on a regular basis).

Dont know your shop rate, but for arguments sake £60/hour possibly so thats another £15-£20. Then you want some profit on the £60. So £30 a decal?

Your machine is too slow to make money in this niche, unless your are producing smaller decals and leaving the machine for an hour or 2 to get on with it(using print ready artwork). If you can produce 50 decals an hour @ £2 each then the numbers start to work, preferably while earning producing something else at the same time.