Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. How did you first start your business?
    By Coops in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 24-03-2017, 09:03 PM
  2. Hello Guys typical 21 year old wants to start a business
    By millkiller in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 29-09-2016, 12:13 PM
  3. For Sale Fast Selling Start Up Business with Website
    By thesubman in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18-04-2012, 03:11 PM
  4. Start a T-Shirt Business, need help!
    By tinman2207 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 30-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i5 machine with 8gig of ram should work fine. SSD will pep things up but not essential and I agree dual monitors do improve productivity, make sure they are good quality though and make sure your colour management is set up properly. Nothing worse than seeing one thing on screen and printing something very different. I have bought 4 or 5 monitors from morgan computers, they are refurbished but very very good value 24" upto 27" - www.morgancomputers.co.uk - the site is well worth a visit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, each person will have his or her own preferences on dual monitors. Sometime back I used to use two monitors at work, now I only use one. My output has double and my focus has improved greatly. You see dual monitors encourage multitasking, and this doesn't work at least for me, think about all those emails and the notifications. They end up being distractions that interrupt my work. Most people with dual monitors most definitely have one of these programs running the whole day and once those distractions are eliminated productivity improves and in the end you will find that using one monitor narrows will your attention only to the task in front of you.

Before I buy any of my devices I spend time going through their reviews and I get lots of wholesome reviews and also get to compare prices here https://productz.com/en/computers-and-tablets

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Definitely two monitors for me. I can have Photoshop running on one screen and ebay, youtube, 3D modeller, raytracer, Word, Excel, or .............. dare I even mention it ............. Dyesub Forum on the other screen.

Software such as Photoshop, or my Raytracer (Keyshot 6), has the ability to undock toolbars and the like, which means I can move them to the other monitor so that they don't overlay the image I'm working on. Extremely useful. Screenshots can include both monitors in a single shot -

Attached Images Attached Images

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Our photoshop computers have three monitors on them each - Adobe Bridge on the left one, Photoshop on the middle, on the right are the Photoshop tools, and whatever else is needed Chrome/Outlook for checking order details. For us the productivity improvement is not for doing more than one thing, it's to have enough space to do the one thing properly with enough space. Otherwise, with one screen, you'd waste time flicking through the diffeent layers of windows, or have all the PS tools in the way of seeing the image etc.
    All our monitors (not just the Photoshops machines) are 20" IPS - old HP LP2065 models

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post

All our monitors (not just the Photoshops machines) are 20" IPS - old HP LP2065 models
    I've been looking for an extra monitor for my older semi redundant Win 7 machine. If those LP2065s have DVI-I connections only, how did you dual monitor them for Photoshop?

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We use a variety of cables depending on what options the computers/graphics cards have
    DVI-DVI cables
    DVI-HDMI cables
    DVI-VGA cables
    the right hand side monitors get to use the VGA when necessary as that's the least important for graphics for our set ups
    4 Photoshop machines - 3 with triple monitors, and one with double
    All systems on Windows 10, and Photoshop CS

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pisquee For This Useful Post:

GoonerGary (11-06-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My set up have four monitors because I struggled with just the one.

At one time, I decided I would play silly bug***rs and managed to get 8 screens working on the big machine I have just retired, now that was fun!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1 monitor for folders n web brouser, second for the package i am using
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK