Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Corel draw, which one?
    By viccar in forum Software
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-04-2018, 12:08 PM
  2. Corel Draw 12
    By lemontdetroit84 in forum Software
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-10-2012, 12:44 PM
  3. Corel Draw
    By mrs maggot in forum Software
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 26-11-2011, 10:03 PM
  4. Corel Draw
    By jennywren in forum Software
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 27-10-2011, 09:09 PM
  5. Corel draw x5
    By Cheshire cat in forum Software
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Corel Draw 2018 just released

I've not posted for a while but thought I'd share that the new Corel Draw suite has just been released. I have had the privilege to test this over the past few months and it has a number of improvements and new features. For plotter users block shadows with or without outlines, and with away shade capability and for mug printers who do Latte mugs and find the distortion a bit of a pain, the envelope tools now works with bitmap, vector and bitmap vector combination. A latte distortion can now be done repeatably and reliably in a matter of seconds. I can post a Youtube link tomorrow to illustrate.

Full list of features can be found here www.corel.com

Alan d

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlanD For This Useful Post:

Earl Smith (11-04-2018), Justin (11-04-2018), pw66 (11-04-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great. Just bought X8 and now they bring out another version.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post
    Great. Just bought X8 and now they bring out another version.
    If it's any consolation X8 was already out of date.

X8 was version 18 launched in 2016. It was replaced in 2017 by version 19 and named Corel 2017.

Corel 2018 is actually version 20.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StellaD View Post
    If it's any consolation X8 was already out of date.

X8 was version 18 launched in 2016. It was replaced in 2017 by version 19 and named Corel 2017.

Corel 2018 is actually version 20.
    My X8 was bought as part of my Wilcom embroidery update which I believe came out in 2017. ( It works in tandem with Corel) . Cost a small fortune too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post
    My X8 was bought as part of my Wilcom embroidery update which I believe came out in 2017. ( It works in tandem with Corel) . Cost a small fortune too.
    The Wilcom update may well have come out in 2017 but, unfortunately, they were bundling the previous years Corel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Alan, would like to see the latte distortion
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X8 is out of date, version 2017 followed that but X8 is still a very strong version. This latest version is stronger still with some good extras and there is a 15 day trial available to download. I'll upload the video this evening, if you do latte mugs or you avoided doing latte mugs because the distortion was a pain you will appreciate the bitmap/vector support for the Envelope tool.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I really find that they are all pretty much the same ....
    I still use an old corel 3 on the family pc which is fine for layouts/homework/posters etc

I just wish that they would make files mutually compatable as it is a proper pita!

OK - I know that when new features are added the .cdr file format expands to include them, with undo features, but it would be so much easier to just stick to a single version, and always have the option to buy more of the same version into the future.
    I am mostly on X6 - completely happy with, and wish I could buy a couple more X6 licences (legally)

YES - I know that you can force corel to save as an earlier version..... but you don't thou, do you!
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Logobear, not possible to lock the file format as new features mean you can't support everything in all versions. Upgrading really depends on what you use Corel Draw for as there are so many trades and professions that use it for completely different uses. As a signmaker my interest is primarily vector work, for others its image editing etc. etc. I have been using Draw since V2 but didn't get involved in beta testing until X3 and didn't really appreciate the work involved by the devs to bring each version to release.
    The latest version does offer some realyl useful features, I was particularly pleased to see block shadows that can now be cut on a plotter, the new symetry tool will be popular with some designers but for mug printers I guess the envelope tool will be interesting. Draw always had enveloping for vector objects but bitmaps and bitmap/vector combinations could be a bit of a challenge and obviously that is required if you are printing latte mugs. I wonder how many have avoided latte mug printing for that vey reason. This has now been addressed and is now done with a few clicks. I have quickly put together a short video illustrating the envelope use and it can be viewed here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezv6HFDXbbQ Vectors still remain vectors so always print as crisp and clear as your printer allows.
    Feel free to comment and if anybody wants any more info regarding CD2018 which isn't available online do post here and if I can answer, I will.
    Alan D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm not a CorelDraw user but I get how you can distort text and graphics with the envelope tool. However, getting back to latte mug templates, can you produce an envelope for a wrap by simply inputting the top radius, bottom radius, and slant height?

Also, the block shadow tool looks like it works in the same way I would do this without that tool, by duplicating a layer, filling it with a colour, then placing it wherever I want below the main layer. So what are the real advantages that justify upgrading/buying this product?