Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Corel draw, which one?
    By viccar in forum Software
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-04-2018, 01:08 PM
  2. Corel Draw 12
    By lemontdetroit84 in forum Software
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-10-2012, 01:44 PM
  3. Corel Draw
    By mrs maggot in forum Software
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 26-11-2011, 11:03 PM
  4. Corel Draw
    By jennywren in forum Software
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 27-10-2011, 10:09 PM
  5. Corel draw x5
    By Cheshire cat in forum Software
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    I'm not a CorelDraw user but I get how you can distort text and graphics with the envelope tool. However, getting back to latte mug templates, can you produce an envelope for a wrap by simply inputting the top radius, bottom radius, and slant height?
    Never tried to be honest but I can't see how it can be quicker than using the the envelope tool - did you see the video?

Also, the block shadow tool looks like it works in the same way I would do this without that tool, by duplicating a layer, filling it with a colour, then placing it wherever I want below the main layer. So what are the real advantages that justify upgrading/buying this product?
    I think what you are describing is just a basic drop shadow which would require you to weld if outputting to a plotter. The new block shadow tool gives more of an 'extrude' type shadow and enables outline or away shade with minimum clicks and is plotter ready. Changing the text will also update the shadow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AlanD For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (12-04-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I see now what you mean. It's a 3D extrusion of the text but done in a simpler, easier to manage way.

What about the Envelope tool though? Is it possible to do what I suggested in my post above? For instance, I use SCAL for cutting and it has some nice design features such as being able to produce a latte mug wrap simply by specifying the small and large radiuses and the slant height. Can Corel's Envelope tool do this?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This is what I mean. Wrapper function starts at 1:52 -

https://youtu.be/kD-_2mzLF5k

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I see now what you mean. It's a 3D extrusion of the text but done in a simpler, easier to manage way.

What about the Envelope tool though? Is it possible to do what I suggested in my post above? For instance, I use SCAL for cutting and it has some nice design features such as being able to produce a latte mug wrap simply by specifying the small and large radiuses and the slant height. Can Corel's Envelope tool do this?
    I'm not familiar with SCAL. Envelope is very much a visual tool with the ability to use an existing shape as your envelope shape. The video shows the bitmap template as supplied from Listwood, I'm sure other providers can provide similiar. I used that as a template. I drew a rectangle and used envelope to distort the rectangle to the template which is then saved. From there it is simply a case selecting all your items, grouping, selecting, clicking on 'create envelope from icon and dragging the arrow onto the existing shape. I'm not sure how you can streamline it much more than that. I assume you can print from SCAL.

I've used the envelope docker but you can just as easily use the envelope tool from the toolbox and use the tools on the top bar.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks again Alan.

I was just wondering if you could easily design your own template for any sized conical mug simply by typing in the required values, rather than relying on a template produced by a manufacturer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=webtrekker;131396]This is what I mean. Wrapper function starts at 1:52 -

OK, I've just looked at your video and no the envelope tool doesn't work like that. Using a template supplied doesn't require any sizes you just use it. I'm not sure that SCAL supports bitmaps and that is important I would have thought and of course you would have to print from it to your sublimation printer and use colour mangement which is something Corel does and has done very well for some time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again Alan.

I was just wondering if you could easily design your own template for any sized conical mug simply by typing in the required values, rather than relying on a template produced by a manufacturer.
    You can use any shape you have drawn as your target shape, you don't need one from a manufacturer, I just used the Listawood one because I use their mugs and they sent it to me. It does need to be vector though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You can use any shape you have drawn as your target.
    Yeah, that's what I thought, but that's not the same as having a dialogue box where you just need to type in your dimensions and up pops a shape of the exact size needed for your latte wrap. I know that might sound a bit trivial, but for software costing as much as Coreldraw I thought it would have been an option.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possible something for future maybe at least this way you only draw the template once ever and that can be done in seconds as opposed to entering numbers each time. I guess you pay your money (or not) and make your choice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Seriously folks, read this before upgrading to CorelDraw 2018...

https://community.coreldraw.com/talk...on-per-license