Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sublimating onto Cotton – Reveal-S
    By DyeSubSupplies in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-02-2018, 04:09 PM
  2. Looking for best sublimation paper for Mug
    By Jaydeep1726 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23-10-2017, 10:15 PM
  3. Sublimation paper
    By daniboy0812 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reveal S Sublimation Paper.... eeek

Hi, I'm testing various processes on full cotton tees. dye sublimation supplies sent me a sample tee which my wife washed 40 degrees (which is the left tee on the pic), which absolutely destroyed the print, that is after 2 washes, the other tee my friend did with sublicotton with the polymer same 2 washes and that has stood up really well, has anyone had experience with reveal s paper, I really wanted to use this paper but this seems a bit of a deal breaker, cheers Mark.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by beebaakid; 11-04-2018 at 01:00 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What's your setup? Inks, paper, printer? Do you have an ICC profile installed? What were your press temps and times?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    It was a sample tee so presumably already printed.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    It was a sample tee so presumably already printed.
    Sorry, my mistake. What a terrible result though. Maybe Dyesub Supplies can add further details about how this happened, or is Reveal S indeed rubbish.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Im pretty shocked at the washablity, DSS are saying I should have washed it 30degrees, but Condes own spec sheet is saying up to 40degrees, the wash temp is a bit of a deal breaker as the tees own label is 40degrees, and you would have thought DSS have produced the sample using their best equipment etc, anyone using Reveal S for commercial use?

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Mark, I know you have spoken to Neil yesterday regarding the below. It does appear very strange, the image below shows a t-shirt that Adam pressed at the same time as your sample the only difference is his was a white T-Shirt and yours was a pink same make. His white one has been washed 5-6 times he tells me as his wife sleeps in it ( maybe too much information!!!!!) and as per normal results lost about 10% on the first wash and then hasn't really altered on subsequent washes.
    As i said it does seem strange could be the t shirt,detergent, faulty pressing ect.
    We are sending you another one out today with 2 presses on one with the reveal printer and ink and one with a Ricoh, along with the wash instruction sheet that was apparently missing from the first sample.
    You will be able to wash this and see side by side the different results from the 2 prints.

Quote Originally Posted by beebaakid View Post
    Hi, I'm testing various processes on full cotton tees. dye sublimation supplies sent me a sample tee which my wife washed 40 degrees (which is the left tee on the pic), which absolutely destroyed the print, that is after 2 washes, the other tee my friend did with sublicotton with the polymer same 2 washes and that has stood up really well, has anyone had experience with reveal s paper, I really wanted to use this paper but this seems a bit of a deal breaker, cheers Mark.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DyeSubSupplies For This Useful Post:

Justin (13-04-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi thank you for your response, I thank you for taking the time to do me another sample, I will follow the instructions and get back to you. Regarding 30 degrees temp Conde spec sheet says 40 8) Do not set the wash temperature above 105°F / 40°C, cheers Mark.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Mark, Did the sample arrive ok? have you managed to do a wash test yet? Interested to see your results.
    Image attached is of a t-shirt pressed at the same time as your sample and washed by Adam at the recommended settings.
    steve

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, received sample t shirt, thank you, washed with ALMAT sachets inside out etc, https://www.aldi.co.uk/colour-liquid...64265170096102, ALDI specials (they say they are good housekeeping approved), anyway must be washing powder because the sample has washed terrible again, I would say a loss of maybe 30% (see pics), I want to use Reveal S, but my results are not good, any ideas, cheers Mark.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Would it not have been better to cut that sample in half (or even quarters) and tried different washing powders to deduce whether it wash a washing or printing problem?