Quote Originally Posted by Customprintwales View Post
I think the issue is that WF series are an office printer and not optimised for photos but for speed. They are ok with vectors which get printed like a plotter would. But a lot moreink gets pushed through the head on photo printing.

I think this is also the issue with heads constantly being clogged on the WF. When you print sublimation prints and using high quality I don't think the heads are cleaned enough between prints and the excess ink clogs the head. A bit like if you do too many head cleans :)

The XP series are a basic photo printer and heads can dope with the demands of photo printing.

I used to have WF printers and went through 3 of them in a year. Gave up in the end - those were for A3 prints. My first sublimation print the XP323 which does A4 is still going strong without any issues of head clogs for the last 4 years. The only issue I have is with the occasional cartridge not recognised.
It is rather odd, I can't really say why you have had so many issues to be honest. The WF2630/2010/2510 etc use the exact same printing head as the XP2**/3**/4** series even the chip recognition board is the same but with differing firmware to accept either T18/16/29 series ink cartridges. The printing head is the same part number.

The WF7110/7610/2750 do use a slightly different printing head (with the larger amount of black printing nozzles) I did find these a little troublesome on budget sublimation inks but with the Inktec inks they are perfect.

Strange, but as they say, each to their own you stick with whatever works for you :)

Alex