Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-08-2017, 07:00 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-07-2015, 08:26 AM
  3. Epson B1100 Stylus Printer - new A3+ printer
    By Paul in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 01:13 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-01-1970, 01:00 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which printer?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which printer?

Hi and sorry if this is in the wrong section.
    I'm a complete novice to this but would like to print onto ceramic cups and also nylon bags. My question is what printer do you recommend for a novice start up? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Thanks but it's just a printer I'm after really. A cheap one too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go with a cheap Epsom printer to start with. Keep away from the WF series and look at the XP photo printer series. You can get a cheap A4 one for under £50 and a cheap A3 for about £100

Then you need to at least buy refillable cartridges - about £20 for a set of decent ones. And small 100ml sublimation ink set at about £25 for a reasonable cheap ink

Don't go for super cheap sublimation ink as they can damage the printer head if the ink hasn't been finely filtered before bottling.

So for A4 set up you should have a printer set up for about £100

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Customprintwales View Post
    Go with a cheap Epsom printer to start with. Keep away from the WF series and look at the XP photo printer series. You can get a cheap A4 one for under £50 and a cheap A3 for about £100

Then you need to at least buy refillable cartridges - about £20 for a set of decent ones. And small 100ml sublimation ink set at about £25 for a reasonable cheap ink

Don't go for super cheap sublimation ink as they can damage the printer head if the ink hasn't been finely filtered before bottling.

Thanks for your help. I've got no idea on any of this but want to give it a go.
    Any recommendations.. for the printer and ink supplier?Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjack007 View Post
    Thanks for your help. I've got no idea on any of this but want to give it a go.
    Any recommendations.. for the printer and ink supplier?Thanks

This is a very popular printer package we sell. We class it as being an entry level setup. It is supplied with the Inktec Sublinova inks (considered to be the best on the market), paper, refillable cartridges and an ICC profile for colour management.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/382198606329

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | 01902 307111 |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to InkExpress For This Useful Post:

rjack007 (13-04-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Customprintwales View Post

Been through a few Epsons in the last six months, all WF. What differences do you notice between the two series? I found colours on the WF series to be decent enough but the dithering and dot formations were problematic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by technick View Post
    Been through a few Epsons in the last six months, all WF. What differences do you notice between the two series? I found colours on the WF series to be decent enough but the dithering and dot formations were problematic.
    Customprintwales appears to have had lots of issues with WF series namely the WF7110 (not from ourselves I may add... or at least not to my knowledge) not entirely sure what issues they have been getting to be honest- I am sure they will elaborate.

But from a sellers point of view having sold over 500 - WF2630, 200 - WF7110 and 150 - WF7610 machines I have had no 'major' issues. Yes we get the odd one back due to poor customer setup or ignorance but on the whole they have all been great.

I will add that we only supply our setup packages with Inktec Sublinova inks, so its possible the PrecisionCore printing heads they use are more perceptible to 'lower' quality sublimation inks that are found on the market.

Personally I love the WF series, not all models but the WF2630, WF7110/WF7210 and WF7610/7710 have always served me and my customers well. We differ from alot of sellers in that we actually use the printers we sell, we dont just assume they will work. We thoroughly test each model we want to sell. If we are not happy or causes us issues we do not sell it.

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

| 01902 307111 |

10. The Following User Says Thank You to InkExpress For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (16-04-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have ordered this. Thanks for your help.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rjack007 For This Useful Post:

InkExpress (17-04-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the issue is that WF series are an office printer and not optimised for photos but for speed. They are ok with vectors which get printed like a plotter would. But a lot moreink gets pushed through the head on photo printing.

I think this is also the issue with heads constantly being clogged on the WF. When you print sublimation prints and using high quality I don't think the heads are cleaned enough between prints and the excess ink clogs the head. A bit like if you do too many head cleans :)

The XP series are a basic photo printer and heads can dope with the demands of photo printing.

I used to have WF printers and went through 3 of them in a year. Gave up in the end - those were for A3 prints. My first sublimation print the XP323 which does A4 is still going strong without any issues of head clogs for the last 4 years. The only issue I have is with the occasional cartridge not recognised.