Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sawgrass sg400 power on cleaning using a lot of ink
    By Saxon Print in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-01-2019, 04:58 PM
  2. For Sale Brand new magenta SAWGRASS SUBLIJET HD VIRTUOSO SG400 & SG800
    By carolm1a in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2017, 11:38 AM
  3. Sawgrass SG400 & MAC El Capitan
    By Bob63 in forum Printers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-08-2016, 11:24 AM
  4. For Sale: Sawgrass SG400 Printer with ink.
    By msub in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-07-2016, 07:16 PM
  5. Can I use other sublijet ink other than sawgrass sublijet ink?
    By hoverbug1 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 31-12-2014, 10:38 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sawgrass ICC profile - SG400 / Truepix / Sublijet HD

Hi guys,

Does anyone happen to have a custom ICC for Sawgrass ICC profile - SG400 / Truepix / Sublijet HD they could email over.

Both powerdriver and VPM are causing dithering. I have been given a Conde profile with Dyetrans paper which is a big improvement but still have some colours that don't match.

Cheers:)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Don't take this the wrong way but you've paid a very high premium to use Sawgrass approved products. This premium is justified by the support and years of tried and tested history.

Therefore, all profiles etc. have already been perfected so you shouldn't need to be paying for custom icc profiles.

Have you spoken to your supplier? Who is this? and have you spoken to Sawgrass support? How old is your setup?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Justin, purchased from xpres. Between both themselves and sawgrass their support has been fantastic. The SG400 from my experience is a flawed unit, onto my third unit this year and looks as if this one is ready for packing up shortly. Dithering is a known issue with both powerdriver and VPM, there are a couple of workarounds but they lead onto other issues. Long term I'll probably move over to the 1500w.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by technick View Post
    Yes Justin, purchased from xpres. Between both themselves and sawgrass their support has been fantastic. The SG400 from my experience is a flawed unit, onto my third unit this year and looks as if this one is ready for packing up shortly. Dithering is a known issue with both powerdriver and VPM, there are a couple of workarounds but they lead onto other issues. Long term I'll probably move over to the 1500w.
    What volume of work are you running through the SG400 Technick? Must be a lot to go through 3 units in a year,, unless its the dithering issues that has caused them to be exchanged / fail?

Epson 1500W is now end of life and no longer available, there may be the odd one here and there but I had the remaining UK stock in November 2017 and have since sold out, shame its the end of era not having those :(

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | 01902 307111 |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's going through daily use Alex.

Vertical banding has been the issue for each of the three SG400 printers i've owned. The current unit in addition to vertical banding also has dithering using Powerdriver and VPM. Dithering disappears when using a Conde Dyetrans profile from the US. Never had any of these hassles using the SG3110, i suspect that the vertical banding has something to do with either the Bidirectional printhead, or the new style of paper feeder at the rear of the printer (the 3110 was detachable whereas the SG400 is built in).

The Epsons which i have used in the past have also had noticable dithering using the 7110, 7710, 2630. I've tried all sorts of inks and and a whole host of ICC profiles - it could possibly be my Adobe settings or even my laptop.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by technick View Post
    It's going through daily use Alex.

Vertical banding has been the issue for each of the three SG400 printers i've owned. The current unit in addition to vertical banding also has dithering using Powerdriver and VPM. Dithering disappears when using a Conde Dyetrans profile from the US. Never had any of these hassles using the SG3110, i suspect that the vertical banding has something to do with either the Bidirectional printhead, or the new style of paper feeder at the rear of the printer (the 3110 was detachable whereas the SG400 is built in).

The Epsons which i have used in the past have also had noticable dithering using the 7110, 7710, 2630. I've tried all sorts of inks and and a whole host of ICC profiles - it could possibly be my Adobe settings or even my laptop.
    That's very odd, this issues across a wide range of printers I would certainly be looking into your Photoshop / OS. For cexample CS3 does not like to work with Windows 10 and has issues using ICC profiles. What version of PS and what OS are you using?

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

| 01902 307111 |

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have just purchased a SG400 from Xpres yesterday and I’m getting dithering on the half tones and banding on gradients. One of my 3110’s packed up so had to replace it. I’m not convinced by VPM either. I’ve logged a call with Sawgrass and Xpres.

We use Illustrator and I’ve tried saving as in to the hot folder. I’ve double checked all the installation and settings and they look ok.

We are printing from 2 iMacs and 2 windows machines and all the same. Solid colours look great it’s just the half tones.

I’ll see what Xpres and Sawgrass say. It must be something simple I’m missing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vertical or horizontal banding Andy?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It’s both really. We print oval door plaques with a gradient fading from one colour to another across the oval horizontally. If I print the plaque either portrait or landscape the banding follows the gradient if that makes sense.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I suppose it’s not really banding as such. It’s the steps in the gradient that are not smooth. It was fine printing on the 3110 using Powerdriver