Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. need one tshirt printing
    By soulclaimed in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24-06-2016, 12:27 AM
  2. tshirt suppliers
    By paul 44 in forum Clothing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-12-2015, 03:20 PM
  3. tshirt print question
    By paul 44 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2015, 01:37 PM
  4. help...looking for quality new tshirt set up
    By johNA in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2015, 12:21 PM
  5. XXL tshirt needed please?
    By Kaz in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 11:44 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best 'value' Tshirt?

Hi All,

I wanted to ask if anyone has ever discovered the holy grail for Tshirt printers... a good value Tshirt that feels nice, fits nice and doesn't shrink?!

Over the years I generally use FOTL super premiums which do shrink a bit but not quite as much as others. They don't feel that great but I think the fit is spot on for a regular fit Tshirt. I find these the lesser of the evils. Gildan soft style, which seem to be widely used, feel nice but the fit is more fitted ( not great if you've got a bit of a tummy like me!) and what's more these shrink so badly. After 2 washes my medium shrunk to a youth size!!!
    Has anyone got a particular Tshirt up to the £2.50 mark that they are happy with??

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gildan ultra are pretty good value and performance for the best probably try Russel but you pay more

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Russell for me but just outside og your price range.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both Fruit of the Loom ( Premium Ringspun) and Gildan (Hammer T) have just introduced ringspun cotton t-shirts at a similar price to their Super Premium or Ultra Cotton ranges. Both are nice soft shirts in a standard fit. I haven't done a full wash test yet.
    For workwear I usualy use FOTL Valueweight, or if the customer wants to pay the extra 80p then I use the Super Premium. For my own use I usualy wear Russell 180 Classic which is very good, but a bit too pricey for most customers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im dropping the FOL and Gildans for the Uneek UC301 and UC318 for woman. Nice T and a softer feel then the others. For work T´s I use the Uneek or Promodoro E3099. A little bit more than 2,50 pounds ( I think its around 2,80 at the present conversion rate) but worth it to keep the customer happy. http://www.promodoro-shop.de/fronten...&sKZ_Sprache=E

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uneek are very good quality (apart from some of the 'Olympic' stuff which is aimed at the bottom end), though I have never used their t-shirts. I have never got to grips with them as a brand because their pricing is still in the dark ages. They still do single peice/pack/carton rates. Even on larger orders I would end up paying single peice price for most of the order. ( On this mornings order for 180+ polo shirts, of assorted sizes and colours, I would be paying single price for 130 of them!)

BTC/Falk & Ross' own brand SG18 feels nice (£2.25 +vat (colours)). I am going to get some for my own workwear and do a wash test alongside the new Gilda/Fotl ringspun tees. They also do a cheaper/lighter SGTEE in more of a fashion cut (£2.10 +).

It is worth mentioning that most t-shirts will shrink slightly, particularly if tumble dried. How much they shrink depends on how they are laundered.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wash tested the FOTL ringspun cotton, and the Gildan Hammer T. Both been put through the wash about 12 times, at 30 degrees. Mostly line dried, but tumbled on low heat on three occasions. Both feel nice and soft, but in my opinion shrinkage was far too much. Particularly worrying in the case of the FOTL as it is listed as 60 degree washable....

I am going to recommend any of my customers who want a ringspun cotton tee to pay the extra 30p for the Russell ZT180.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've never had an issue with shrinkage on my own stuff. items are washed at 40 and some tumble dried, no shrinkage. that's FOTL and Gildan. ringspun also means they are less likely to shrink! very strange!