Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sawgrass sg400 power on cleaning using a lot of ink
    By Saxon Print in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-01-2019, 04:58 PM
  2. Sold Sawgrass SG400 A4 Printer - Boxed
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2017, 08:02 PM
  3. Sawgrass SG400 & MAC El Capitan
    By Bob63 in forum Printers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-08-2016, 11:24 AM
  4. Sawgrass SG400 Printing Problems.
    By gerrard05 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-01-2016, 02:33 PM
  5. Sawgrass SG400 printing squint
    By Maggie in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-12-2015, 09:23 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sawgrass SG400 colour problem

I am quite new to this and up till now I have not had any problems but, I can't seem to print green!
    Having read through the posts it could be something to do with profiling???
    Anyway, initially I was printing via the Creative Studio and everything was fine. Then I had to move the whole shaboodle to my shop where the internet has not been connected yet. I am therefore printing directly from Photoshop CC. Could this be the problem? I have cleaned all the heads and printed off a yellow and a blue. The yellow was fine, the blue a bit yucky but green comes out a nice shade of sludge. Also in printing anything green, I am getting bars across the image.
    I am using Trupix paper, genuine Sawgrass inks and the tanks are full.
    Any advise appreciated!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a problem with blocked cyan nozzles. Also, are you using an ICC profile with Photoshop, with your printer driver set to NOT manage colours, and Photoshop set to manage colours?

A photo of your attempts would help a lot as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!
    Not sure how to put an ICC profile on. At the moment I have the printer managing the colours, I should try it the other way around. Unfortunately I am at home now and all the gear in the shop. I shall try the Photoshop managing tomorrow. Embarrassing question, but how do I use an ICC profile?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Firstly, you need an ICC profile. This should have been supplied with your inks when you got your SG400 setup. If you haven't got a profile contact Sawgrass and they will email you one.

Once you have the profile file somewhere on your computer, right-click it and select 'Install Profile' or manually copy it to C:/windows/system32/spool/drivers/color

Once installed, you can select 'Photoshop manages colors' from the Photoshop Print dialogue and select the installed profile from the drop-down list.

Tutn OFF colour management in your printer driver settings.

There are youtube videos that might explain this process better than myself.

BTW, I don't use Sawgrass gear. Does the Creative Studio require an internet connection to run? That's a bit of a poor set up if it does.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for being so helpful. Its difficult as I am using a different computer at home. I have made a copy of your reply and will go through it tomorrow when I am at my main computer. I do believe I had a colour profile to download but never got round to installing for PS as I was using Creative Studio. I don't think it should require the internet but whenever I clicked on the icon it would take me to their website where it could be launched.
    PS sends to my normal printer without any problems so maybe it is the cartridge. but as i said, I will go through your advice. Many thanks!