Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Wanted MacBook Pro or Macbook Air
    By Justin in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13-05-2017, 01:01 PM
  2. Macbook, photoshop and ricoh problems!
    By chrissydd in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-2016, 12:13 AM
  3. What a waste of a few weeks OR anyone want a cheap 27" iMac
    By k21john in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 18-12-2015, 07:02 PM
  4. For Sale black MacBook 2006
    By Paul in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-03-2013, 09:39 PM
  5. Ricoh / Power Driver for iMac
    By Postcard in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Macbook or Windows Laptop (or imac v Desktop)

So our Windows 7 i5 laptops 8gb and large HDD's both have a dog slowness about them loading stuff or freezing a while checking emails or loading something and it wastes so much time and causes huge annoyance, we could wipe and start again but they always clog up so I wondered does anyone favour and use Apples either macbook or imac and run Coreldraw in a windows simulator and find they have a careefree fast and untroubled time with increased productivity and happy smiles rather than expletives and pulled faces at the ever annoying Windows (PS im die hard windows never a mac has crossed my threshold but for love of god I'm frustrated here!)

Mark

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Would fitting an SSD not be a better option?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might improve some elements of the speed but get loads of not responding errors and the time wasted, I know its in minutes but they add up to hours wasted stood awaiting them to sort themselves out and get on with the task, drives us nuts at times. Just wondered as never hear of mac related woes and slowdowns whether thats a better solution for productivity.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a macbook pro & it zips along without any problems, very fast too running multiple apps. I use photoshop on it not cdraw so can't help you on that side but i would highly recommend one. I have an early imac 24 inch but hardly use it-that too has been trouble free, support is still very good for it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So our Windows 7 i5 laptops 8gb and large HDD's
    To be honest, that's the same setup I have but I'm not experiencing the issues you have.

I can run Photoshop CS5 with multiple documents open, Rhino 5, and Keyshot 6, yet still be able to surf with Firefox, print address labels from Word, or run my cutting software. My opinion is that Mac's are way overpriced and don't allow all the third party upgrades that make Windows machines so versatile.

However, it's an argument that will never be solved and, in most cases, you pays your money and makes your choice!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree Macs are overpriced and more restrictive in available software than Windows with it's greater flexibility and availability but I rarely hear people complaining their Macs gone slow or disks flaky or it's doing essential updates. From an IT background I turned my nose up a bit at the prepress dept's Macs years ago but they rarely called for help with their kit! Adobe and Mac seems a fit but we've used Coreldraw so to swap would be a task though it's being considered, more costly route but if productivity and general office karma improved it could be worth a look! Else It'll be another Windows adventure of installs and set ups then hours of tweaking and adding relevant software and drivers and probably on Windows 10 at this stage where we'll find what doesn't work with 10 that we really need so an old decrepit chunter of a Windows box is kept in service for a random essential purpose. What is required is a client server with dumb terminal access where all management is scheduled overnight and never interrupts play and users dont get to fiddle and change things for the worse, sounds like going back to the early 80's when we green screen terminals,,,, hmm.

I notice you say Firefox, interesting as we use Chrome and I do think it's got a machine overhead and run random chrome clean up software tools that also seem to slow it up, maybe a browser change worth a try first.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had an old windows 7 laptop which went very slow,i did the free upgrade windows 10 offer & that runs so much better, so maybe try windows 10?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    if you spend the same amount on a windows PC as you would with apple ..... you will get an awesome pc!

Not fair to compare a 500 quid pc with a 1500 quid apple !
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha Logo B a very true financial point and it's not lost on me either, I don't disagree but if an Apple / illustrator or simulated Corel system will spare hours of productive time then from a work generation point of view that might be a drop in the ocean. On the one hand I NEVER hear Apple users complain of problems like Windows users do but on the other I NEVER hear any one singing Apple praise, is that because they are smugley smiling at all the Windows users whilst making hand gestures under the table.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apple /Mac joke time.....
    How do you milk sheep?
    Bring out a new iPhone......

OK, I'm leaving the building...

Janners