Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Wanted MacBook Pro or Macbook Air
    By Justin in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13-05-2017, 01:01 PM
  2. Macbook, photoshop and ricoh problems!
    By chrissydd in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-2016, 12:13 AM
  3. What a waste of a few weeks OR anyone want a cheap 27" iMac
    By k21john in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 18-12-2015, 07:02 PM
  4. For Sale black MacBook 2006
    By Paul in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-03-2013, 09:39 PM
  5. Ricoh / Power Driver for iMac
    By Postcard in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I have an iMac and macbook pro and two windows machine. One win7 and one new with win10.
    and i can tell you from years of experience that Macs just works!
    windows not that well :)
    more problematic and temperamental. Dont get me wrong, windows work too but need more atention.

and i may shock you now... if you fork out money on your pc to be like your mac, means absolutely nothing. As this will only speed it up for some time. Apple is not hardware company. It is a software company so thats why macs work so well. MacOs is designd to work on very specific hardware that is carefuly choicen to work best.
    So untill windows will be like a gigantic rubish bin it will never be as smooth to work with as mac os

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    One word for you...."Hackintosh"! iMac nowadays is just a PC inside, as Paul says it's the software that makes the difference.

You can build a PC that will run iOS.

Personally I'm a PC man. I own an iMac and a MacBook Pro. The MacBook is fantastic (should be at that price!) but is totally underused. iMac I don't get ion so well with. It has it's place.....next to my PC playing Netflix during the rare lunch break!

I like knowing how my PC was put together, knowing I can fix it, repair it, replace bits. A well built PC carefully maintained will perform as well as a Mac imo.

SSD is key to a good running PC. Many applications can's use 12 threads or 64Gb of memory but everything benefits from a good quality fast SSD.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jmugs, same company perhaps but different situation, least microsoft had the balls there to admit that windows phone OS died a death. I have Apple opposition opinions but there is good and bad elements in Apple as well as MS though I don't think people are fools for going with Apple, no more than everyone who rode the Nokia phone wave some years back or Blackberry. Apple bless them are pretty consistent despite loosing their company founder who together with Bill pretty much made the tech environment we all live in today.

Paul I was expecting you to contribute, had you down as an apple enthusiast. MACos is well designed but in a very limited capacity which makes it both reliable but also restrictive. Reliable however is something that when your wanting to do a job is an advantage. Apple is however a hardware company in that it determines its own specifications but I understand your point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Managed to speed things up a while with a clean around but back to slowness, hdd is suspected issue it was replaced before and I think it's playing up, that or as known W7 just bogs down eventually! Anyway we have taken a adobe subscription on - full house job and so will be trying that instead of coreldraw going forward. I think we are going to replace the laptop with a Dell XPS15 with 4k screen and toss up is between two available at Dell, 16mb RAM&500SSD or 32mb RAM& 1gb SSD - difference is about £400 sort of £1650 v £2050 and then there is an option of support extra £130 all adds up, not sure but the 16mb & 500ssd sounds nicer to me but will it cut the mustard?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-gobby View Post
    Managed to speed things up a while with a clean around but back to slowness, hdd is suspected issue it was replaced before and I think it's playing up, that or as known W7 just bogs down eventually! Anyway we have taken a adobe subscription on - full house job and so will be trying that instead of coreldraw going forward. I think we are going to replace the laptop with a Dell XPS15 with 4k screen and toss up is between two available at Dell, 16mb RAM&500SSD or 32mb RAM& 1gb SSD - difference is about £400 sort of £1650 v £2050 and then there is an option of support extra £130 all adds up, not sure but the 16mb & 500ssd sounds nicer to me but will it cut the mustard?
    The way i would look at it is; Are you going to need the extra 16gb of memory in the next 6 months or so to warrant the extra £ or would you be happy to wait 6 months and see if you the extra memory would benefit you then and buy the memory seperately which may have come down in value..

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 320s I7 (8th Gen) with 8GB RAM running windows 10, i havent yet found anything that i have an issue running and it only cost me £675 7 months ago.