Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sublimation Dark Transfer Paper
    By frazzle in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 05:31 PM
  2. Sublimation Dark Transfer Paper
    By bigj2552 in forum Clothing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-08-2012, 01:54 AM
  3. OBM Dark Textile Transfer Paper
    By jennywren in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 09:33 AM
  4. anyone keep dark tshirt transfer paper in?
    By fredster in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-10-2010, 04:05 PM
  5. dark tshirt transfer paper
    By fredster in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transfer paper for dark t shirts.

Hi all

Has anyone here had much success using the transfer papers that are around where you can print your design with an ink jet printer then press the design onto dark fabric. I understand how it works but does it last after a few washes. I have also heard that using a laser printer is better than an inkjet for longer lasting prints.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do these using Yolo papers and they last quite a few washes. I only use this method for hen, stag or joke tshirts though, wouldn't use it for any other purpose. From what I've read I do believe the laser transfers last longer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for coming back so swiftly. I was looking at this paper from BMS that lets you use sublimation ink rather than ink jet

https://www.printerowners.co.uk/subl...sfer-paper.htm

I have to prin the ford logo on a t shirt for a customer that is on white shirt but he wants one in dark grey so I am not sure the best way to proceed. I was thinking of using an iron on cad cut vinyl in the blue oval then putting white detail on top but not sure how successful that would be.

Any help and advice would be welcome

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I've used the Xpres papers many times in the past and always found them excellent through my Oki 511dn.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your reply. Having done a bit of research I understand that laser printers produce a more durable product but I am going to have to try and work with what I have and try using sublimination inks on a product like subi dark. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Magic touch sell an Oki laser package for about 300 quid, and their papers and support are excellent
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only just got into sublimation printing and the more I find out the more confusing it is. Thank you for your reply I have looked at your web site and you seem to have it all sewn up (pun intended). You have a very impressive range of techniques to cater for most occasions. My question to you is if you had a one off dark grey t shirt with the ford logo (blue oval with white pin line and text)printed on it how would you go around producing it. We have several more to do on white t shirts that we are going to sublimitate but it is the grey one that is causing us a problem and how much would you charge. We decided on a 9inch logo on the front of the shirt.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 9" two colour logo shold be easy enough with heat transfer vinyl. You will probably find a vectorised ppiece of clipart somewhere online. Careful of TM issues with other peoples logos.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yes, HTV is an option. The logo is simple to vectorise. You could do it in two layers on the dark shirts by first tacking down the blue ellipse then placing the white text and pinstripe over the top and pressing the lot for the stipulated time. My choice would be Hotflex from MDP as it layers fine for me, with not too heavy a hand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the artwork all sorted. I found a good quality JPEG on google images and redrew it as a vector in a program called DrawPlus by serif. It is like a poor mans illustrator but I have used it for ages. Regarding trade marks.....

Thanks for your reply