Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. George Knight DK20S
    By Andysam26467 in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-09-2015, 09:22 PM
  2. Wanted Wanted George Knight DK8 and DK20S Heat Press
    By liannef in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-08-2014, 07:12 PM
  3. Sold George Knight DK20S Swing Heat Press 16" x 20" Size
    By Fidget242 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-04-2014, 01:52 PM
  4. Wanted Geo Knight DK20S or similair.
    By JMugs in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-04-2013, 09:08 AM
  5. For Sale Geo Knight 16 x 20" DK20S swing-away heat press for sale
    By Lorcan in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A3 Ricoh printer and geo knight DK20S heat press

I currently have a Ricoh A4 dye sub printer and a Freesub duo mug press, both of which I am very pleased with and I'm now thinking of getting an A3 Ricoh so as I can print bigger images on T-shirts. I'm getting great results with mugs but inconsistent results for T-shirts which is probably due to a cheap clam heat press I've been using (labelled ukpress). So I'm thinking of getting a Geo Knight DK20S heat press as this looks as if it will be a good investment going forward seeing as I want to be able to do slates, tiles etc. as well as dye sub T-shirts and perhaps vinyl too using a cameo cutter which I'm also looking to purchase. Any feedback would be much appreciated from anyone who has experience of this heat press and thinks that it will (or won't) be a good investment.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Brant, I can guarantee you wouldn't be disappointed if you go for the DK20 an excellent press and would be the last press you would need to buy. I can also offer you a discount on a Ricoh A3 complete with sublisplash ink.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Brant View Post
    I currently have a Ricoh A4 dye sub printer and a Freesub duo mug press, both of which I am very pleased with and I'm now thinking of getting an A3 Ricoh so as I can print bigger images on T-shirts. I'm getting great results with mugs but inconsistent results for T-shirts which is probably due to a cheap clam heat press I've been using (labelled ukpress). So I'm thinking of getting a Geo Knight DK20S heat press as this looks as if it will be a good investment going forward seeing as I want to be able to do slates, tiles etc. as well as dye sub T-shirts and perhaps vinyl too using a cameo cutter which I'm also looking to purchase. Any feedback would be much appreciated from anyone who has experience of this heat press and thinks that it will (or won't) be a good investment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Steve - what's the best deal you can give me?

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We can offer you 10% off the price of the A3 printer however we only have a few left in stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A quality press will help with t-shirts, but also experiment with paper. What works on a hard substrate doesn't always work so well on fabric.
    I have had good results using S-race paper on garments - good blacks and greys and vibrant colours. I have found it a good substitute for TexPrint XP.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brant View Post
    ... Any feedback would be much appreciated from anyone who has experience of this heat press and thinks that it will (or won't) be a good investment.
    Hi, we use a DK20s which is a good solid press. It is extremely heavy (we bought ours a few years ago - second hand from the 11th floor of a block of flats)! The base is interchangeable and the fact it is a swing away is good for keeping away from the back of your hands. The heating element (I'm not technical) is supposed to work in such a way as to be more consistent than some other presses, but as with any of these things, I am not so sure how accurate that claim is - all in all it works well for us.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Pat - it just so happens that I use S-race paper too and have found it works well for me. I'm quite new to Dye sublimation and have not yet tried any other papers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I dont know if you bought a press yet but I own the DK20s. it is heavy but its a great press. I bought it about 4 months ago from DSS but I didn't get any discount so good luck with that. I experimented a little doing small designs for different times and temps first. I use subi sharp paper and an Epsom 1500W. I got the package from ink express who also supplied my inks and a profile - another great buy and very good after care. I do mostly t shirts but I also use the paper and ink for mugs, hats and bags. Ive had great results and my customer like what I do because they keep coming back. hope this helps, ive only been printing for 4 months but had some good recommendations and help from the member of this site.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ali - not bought one yet but the feedback so far has been positive and will no doubt purchase if I can get a good deal

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks loobyloo - your feedback is much appreciated. Haven't purchased one yet as I've been so busy with my general printing work but will probably go for it if I can get a good deal on one.