Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Please recommend an A3 printer for sublimation
    By gazfocus in forum Printers
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 04-06-2017, 05:23 PM
  2. Which Printer & Ink would you recommend ...
    By PersonalizedGiftz in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2014, 01:12 PM
  3. Anyone recommend a good Pigment Ink based printer
    By kevinjplee in forum Printers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-08-2013, 03:43 PM
  4. Anyone recommend a good pigment ink printer?
    By kevinjplee in forum Printers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 12:16 PM
  5. Recommend a Printer
    By jay in forum Printers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 16-04-2012, 06:35 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

old b1100 on the way out, please recommend me an a3 printer?

ive had an epson b1100 for many years but recently its become more temperamental and now, in attempting to unclog the heads once again, its telling me the inkpad is full which google does not seem to be able to help with.

i seriously hate wasting technology like this but i'm spending more time trying to fix the thing than earning money, so can anyone recommend me an a3 inkjet that i will be able to get refillable cartridges for.

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    If you want to stick with an Epson A3 you could look at the WF7210 or WF7710 printers. These work well with CISS, refillable cartridges are not yet available (they need a battery powered chip set to work and can't be fitted to standard refillable cartridges unfortunately)

The above two printers are well priced and wont break the bank.

If your budget allowed the Epson ET-14000 is basically your B1100 but with an ink system / eco tank fitted to the side from Epson so is extremely simple to use, they are quite expensive though at around £500.00

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | 01902 307111 |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I had a B1100 for a very short while years ago, it was horrible. Noisy and very poor print quality. You'll notice an improvement when you change!

1500W 'would' have been the obvious solution for you but these have shot in price as they're no longer made and are becoming like golden hens teeth.

You could look at the A3 Ricoh as well. Any of the previous suggestions will likely print as well if not superior to the B1100.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks, i will check them out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want a great budget priced A3 printer then I say go with the XP 900. I have one which I use for busy times and never had a problem with it.

Great colour rendition without a profile :) and even if I don't use it for a week I've not had a clogged head.

The refillable cartridges are a little on the expensive side. Your talking £30 for a set but unlesss you're looking at spending £300 plus on a printer then the XP 900 is a great buy.

In fact had I found the XP before I bought the Sawgrass SG800 I'd have opted for the XP instead.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Apologies, I incorrectly assumed you wanted sublimation but having read again I see you want inkjet :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Alex

you posted on my other thread about a clogged cartridge. I'm using the Epson with compatibles and have been sold mine as refillable (not ciss), is this not the case then? this may just be where my problems arose in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by InkExpress View Post
    If you want to stick with an Epson A3 you could look at the WF7210 or WF7710 printers. These work well with CISS, refillable cartridges are not yet available (they need a battery powered chip set to work and can't be fitted to standard refillable cartridges unfortunately)

The above two printers are well priced and wont break the bank.

If your budget allowed the Epson ET-14000 is basically your B1100 but with an ink system / eco tank fitted to the side from Epson so is extremely simple to use, they are quite expensive though at around £500.00

Alex

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Hi, if you have a WF7210 or WF7710 these should not really be supplied with Refillable as from my experience and research they simply do not work. If you have a WF7110 or WF7610 these can work with refillable, but I did find they were a bit hit and miss.

All the above printers I supply with CISS and find they work very well.

Feel free to PM me to discuss further if you wish.

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

| 01902 307111 |