Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. 44" dye sub printer and large heatpress
    By bili in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-01-2016, 09:42 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2015, 08:42 PM
  3. Has he bought a dud?
    By dawn77 in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2015, 11:17 AM
  4. Just bought it ;-) - another car
    By bigj2552 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Don't worry, have a bit of faith in yourself. As with most things, there's going to be a learning curve. Just take it step by step and ask dozens of questions in here. We all had to start somewhere, and the help I've had from this forum has been second to none.

I'd suggest, as a first attempt and seeing as the printer is currently set up as a sublimation printer, to simply install it and try a printout without an ICC. Results might not be great but it will check if everything is working and give you an idea of the process. If you have an old white 100% polyester garment or some white 100% polyester material lying around do some test prints and press them (try 180 to 190 degrees for 60 seconds as a starter).

Note that sublimation requires a polymer to be present, so all substrates, mugs, aluminium, coasters, jigsaws etc must be bought as sublimation blanks and will be coated. Cheap white mugs from B&M for instance won't work. Fabrics need to be 100% polyester and white or very lightly coloured. Wherever there are white parts in your design they will appear as the colour of the garment. Also, garments with say a 65/35 poly-cotton mix will print ok but on first wash will appear faded due to the reduced polyester present in the material. However, this can still give a nice retro look to certain designs.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

Ben Brosnan (19-06-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    there are lots of youtube videos and this forum will be very helpful.
    My advice
    expect to waste many while you learn.
    Just bite the bullet and expect to throw away £100 worth of supplies to learn what works for you.

You have probably bought the very cheapest kit .... and most everyone on this forum will advise against ever doing that ....
    means you are unsupported, and will have to discover how as you go.
    Paint.net is free and is a starting point for software.
    A 'profile' is a bit of code that will instruct your printer how to produce good colour once applied to the end product.... thou might look wrong straight out of the printer.

A 5 in 1 press might be poor or difficult/impossible to use.
    do not buy cheapest mugs - listawood is a good start or BMS / PrinterOwners

You can use regular paper, but proper sub paper will work better.
    You can only sub onto polyester white garments.
    You need to flip / mirror image printouts so they are correct once heat pressed
    180c for about 1 minute is a good starting point

Hope you enjoy experimenting - make notes on every detail as you go.

Oh, - and have fun!
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

4. The Following User Says Thank You to logobear For This Useful Post:

Ben Brosnan (19-06-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't even managed to get the printer running yet, cant seem to download driver. most tormenting day ever. still no driver, know im doing something wrong, just no idea what. big mistake i think
    Last edited by Ben Brosnan; 19-06-2018 at 07:31 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to find out what inks you are using, the girl you bought it from may know?

Once you get the profile you should be part way there. I bought a sublimation ricoh 3110dn 3 years ago and also a 5 in 1 press the same as you and its still going, although with a few repairs down the line, for example heat plate going, cracked handle, worn handle, mine was under warranty though so got all the parts replaced easily. I made enough at the time to get myself a dedicated sleeve/hat press and a dual mug press so my 5 in 1 is now used for shirts only and has done its job well but it can be hit and miss really, you may be lucky.

With regards to your inks, open the printer and check on the ink carts, there may be some info on there (labels) as to who supplied the carts, just pull one out and have a look, once you get that go on the suppliers website and look for the profiles etc, if you don't have that, as previously mentioned in this thread, go to ink express, buy refillable carts and the sublimation inks (they will also send you the profile on disc) do a head clean to flush out the old inks that are in the lines and you should be good to go, least you know then you have inks and a profile to match, it should be around £65.00 for the lot, carts and inks depending where you are.