Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Installing Ricoh printer software on a Mac - help!!
    By Sedgewick in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-11-2017, 06:37 PM
  2. Installing Old Software on Windows 8.1
    By Bob700 in forum Software
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-02-2016, 02:33 PM
  3. installing sunangel printers????
    By soulclaimed in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 17-04-2015, 11:15 AM
  4. Installing an optical eye
    By esme307 in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 16-01-2013, 11:09 AM
  5. installing ICC profiles
    By TonyMast in forum Printers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 20-08-2012, 06:31 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Installing ICC profile,... help ?

Hi all,

I am attempting to instal the ICC profile disc that came with my printer from Ink Express. I have followed all instructions after downloading photoshop to use it with, and have also changed my printer settings. I have the ICC disc in, and the file on the screen of my laptop, am right clicking to show the words "Install Profile" but when clicking nothing is happening? any suggestions please?

tia

Chris P

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I don't think anything will '#appear' to happen but it wil have installed, you should now see it in Photoshop etc.

You can check here:

Win7 and later: Windows\system32\spool\drivers\color
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Justin.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yeah, nothing happens when you click to install it. If it doesn't then appear in Photoshop's list of printer profiles (drop-down list, in the Print dialogue), then you can install the ICC manually by copying it into the relevant folder -

C:\Windows\system32\spool\drivers\color

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Hi Chris, as the other guys have already said; nothing will appear to happen but the ICC will install to the directory folder and is then accessed by programs with colour management capabilities (Adobe Photoshop / Coral Draw etc)

There should be a readme text file on the disc that’s explains the installation and the fact nothing appears to happen apologies if it wasn’t on the disc. I trust all is sorted now?

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | 01902 307111 |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank all of you guys, you were of course all correct. Nowhere in the pdf instructions did it say that nothing would visibly happen, so I didnt know exactly what to expect. On the company's youtube tutorial however, it did say that when you right click the ICC icon it installs but nothing signifies this. However, the difference here was that the tutor already had the icon on his desktop. A PC savvy clleague of mine suggested I drag the file off the disc on to my desktop, and voila !! it worked when right clicked it. There was a very fast pop up, and then it was done. How easy would it have been to put in the instructions "locate the file and drag it on to your desktop, then right click to install" ?? Instead of "locate the file and right click to install"...... Anyway, frustration over & rant over. I even managed to master how to arrange & size mug wraps through photoshop having never used it before. Thanks again guys, much apreciated.
    Last edited by Chris-P-Midlands; 20-06-2018 at 01:00 PM.