Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-05-2019, 05:42 PM
  2. Potential Sale of Epson Stylus Pro 7600 (sublimation printer)
    By pisquee in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27-09-2014, 01:38 AM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 20-01-2014, 11:33 AM
  4. Sold Epson Stylus Pro 4400 - 17"/A2 Sublimation Printer
    By pisquee in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-03-2013, 05:10 PM
  5. Epson A4 WP-4015 Sublimation Printer
    By bms in forum Press Releases/Announcements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 19-10-2012, 08:24 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Anyone use Epson SC-T3200 printer for sublimation?

Anyone use or used an SC-T3200 printer for sublimation and if so is it a good wide format printer? With SG inks or alternative out of interest? Many thanks! Olly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Hi Olly,

Spoken to Inktec this morning, they know to 5-6 customers who are curently using their DTI Sublinova Smart inks in SC-T3200 series printers. Based on other wideformat printers from Epson I can see no issue with running them.

I looked into refillable ink cartidges, found a set here for £120.00 - https://www.colourbest.co.uk/set-of-...200-9218-p.asp

They do not appear to have AR (auto reset) chips, new chips are required whenever the ink cartridge 'runs' out, chips are available from the same seller for just over £6.00 each.

The SC-T3200 uses 700ml capacity ink cartridges CMY PK and MK. So you would require 2 x Litre Black DTI ink, 1 x Litre CMY so around £260.00 for all 5 litres from ourselves.

A custom ICC profile would also be required to match the printer, the Inktec inks and your desired paper choice. Again I can help with that if needed.

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | 01902 307111 |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Anyone use or used an SC-T3200 printer for sublimation and if so is it a good wide format printer? With SG inks or alternative out of interest? Many thanks! Olly
    We use two Sc-t3200's for subbing. They're absolutely brilliant and with just 4 colours very economical to run too. We use Sublinova smart inks that we get from from Inkforinkjet in refillable carts with replaceable chips and resettable chips on the waste tanks. This makes them very, very cheap to run. Can't recommend them enough, they're just perfect for the job. Both run for 8 hours 3 days a week and have never let us down. I would recommend getting the engineers toolset software though so you can reset them if like me you let one of the the inks run dry, so you can do a full recharge.

I wouldn't recommend getting the refillable carts or chips from Colourbest as their carts aren't very clear so you can't see the ink levels. I found their chips are often dud too. The chips are much cheaper direct from China via ebay. Also, importantly you don't need any ink in the PK cart as it's not needed. If you get inks from Inkforinkjet they'll also do you a free profile so that the PK isn't used. You still need to chip the PK cart though. From memory they charge about £50 per litre, so x4 is £200 ish. The free custom profile for printer/ink/paper though is a massive boon. They'll even dial in to set it up for you if required, all for free if buying ink off them.

From memory, a set of 5 chips from china via ebay cost about 15 quid. The waste tank chip I forget the price but it saves you a ton as new tanks are stupid money. You can just remove and replace the tank and it resets. We do about 3 resets then just pop the tank open and replace the sponge inside with Tampons, sanitary towels or just kitchen roll and it's good to go again.
    Last edited by Lucifax; 28-08-2018 at 02:08 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucifax For This Useful Post:

UK Printed Mugs (28-08-2018)