Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-04-2015, 01:57 PM
  2. Is Direct to Garment printing getting rid of transfer printing?
    By Pascale in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 19-04-2013, 07:00 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 11:48 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Printing Distortion

Hi!

Im trying to figure out why I was getting text right, like the
    above image, and without changing anything now I get the printing
    like the one below, distorted.

Is an Epson L380 with "Sublimation Paper".

Printer config: automatic, Photographic quality, matte paper.

The only difference is that the Paper is from other envelope, bought in different time, and maybe its different. It looks a bit different, but I dont know if thats what is causing the distortion.

What else can be? descalibrated printer heads? humidity? The paper?

Thanks!! :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It will be down to your settings on your printer OR you are printing on the incorrect side of the paper.

Make sure you have got the whitest side of the dye sub paper and then try a few settings to see which one works best. You can use the same sheet several times until you get it perfect. Just position the word in a different place on the page.

Ideally you should be using a proper colour profile made specifically for your printer, inks and paper set up. But in the absence of that you will just need to keep trying until you get the best results both in quality of print and colour accuracy.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    It will be down to your settings on your printer OR you are printing on the incorrect side of the paper.

Make sure you have got the whitest side of the dye sub paper and then try a few settings to see which one works best. You can use the same sheet several times until you get it perfect. Just position the word in a different place on the page.

Ideally you should be using a proper colour profile made specifically for your printer, inks and paper set up. But in the absence of that you will just need to keep trying until you get the best results both in quality of print and colour accuracy.
    Thanks Socialgiraffe!, but the printer is with the same configuration, and the paper is used in the correct side (in the other it says "Sublimation Paper", so I cant get that wrong haha)

Another idea? Cant be other parameter? Humidity?

The first (right) was printed in a hot day, and the second on cold day with humidity. And the paper is the same brand but maybe its different. The new one seems a little thicker thant the first used.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If the temperature is the only thing that has changed then it must be that although I would be very surprised if it was. I am not sure how hot it gets in Argentina but it would have to be very hot :-)

Try printing on a standard piece of paper to see if that gives you the same result. If it does then it is likely to be something to do with the printer (i.e. humidity like you suggest)
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...