Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-02-2018, 10:18 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-11-2015, 08:55 PM
  3. Epson EcoTank
    By WePrintForYou in forum Printers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24-02-2015, 09:52 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 12:04 PM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-01-1970, 02:00 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone using the Epson EcoTank L382 printer or Epson XP-900?

Hello everyone!

I am new on the forum. I started on the sublimation world just a couple months ago using the Epson WF-2630. It was a nice printer and the compatibility of the ICC profile included was very easy to work with. Unfortunately, around a month ago, the printer start playing with the colours, the nozzles block very bad apparently and... game over. Then I bought an Epson WF-7210 which is a nightmare to match the colours in Photoshop using the ICC profile provides on my purchase. The supply was very kind trying to help me but just 4 or 5 days ago, the printer already starts printing with white lines in any paper I tried I have the same result. Also because I have working with CISS and I guess is an issue with the Firmware, if I switch off when I turn the printer on again they need to reset as If you connecting for the first time. I so disappointed because I was pretty sure this one will be a good machine for my small business.

Now, my budget is small and I am looking for a new printer. At the moment I found 2 option which I find very interesting.

1- Epson EcoTank L382
    2- Epson XP-900

In order for those who have a lot the experience with the sublimation business can help me, I think is important to say that, basically the majority of my job will be printing mugs, tote bags, mouse pads. But also, I will like in the next month start sublimating t-shirts, cushions probably greeting cards as well (that is why I mentioned the xp-900).

I will like to know, please, if someone uses the Epson EcoTank L382 for the sublimation of small items: How is the printer performance? How are the colours ICC behaviors using Photoshop? and the same questions for the Epson XP-900.

I hope someone can help me.

Regards,
    Last edited by Wika; 05-07-2018 at 02:39 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Hi Wika,

You had the WF2630 and WF7210 from myself, shame the WF7210 didn't work out for you - I have sold a lot and not had any issues, but obviously we do get the odd one from time time. I trust you are in the process of returning this so I can refund you? - We can deal with that directly via email.

The ECO Tank L382 will offer a very easy setup as it has the CISS prefitted by Epson so no need to retro fit one. I have not sold this printer but sold a similar ET2600 model with good results and reviews / feedback. Only downfall to the L382 / ET2600 is they are A4 only - they do not print A3.

The XP900 I am personally not a fan of, I simply could not get them to work well (same goes for XP760 / XP960 models) but I do know businesses are selling them so maybe they know something I do not. The other thing I hate about XP900 or XP960 is the A3 paper feed, its single sheet only so it takes an age to print a run of A3 prints, this is another reason I never sold them.

Unfortunately I cant offer any comment on how they will print or how they perform with an ICC profile as I have never sold or used them. Hopefully someone can assist you with that.

As we both know every printer will produce a very slightly differing result. I recall you experiencing this when printing an image on the WF7210 and comparing it to the WF2630 print. This is just the nature of printer / drivers / ICC so its hard to compare one printer to another especially when being quite critical in trying to achieve an exacting result from two separate / different printers.

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | 01902 307111 |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Alex!,

Thank you for your comment. That is right, that is me :) Of course, we can deal with that over e-mail. Probably I will send an e-mail in a few minutes.
    I know what you mean about the XP-900 taking ages to print out an A3 format. I have a XP-960 as well.
    Could you please provide me with a link of the Epson ET2600 if you have any available for sale?

Regards,

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wika View Post
    Hi Alex!,

Thank you for your comment. That is right, that is me :) Of course, we can deal with that over e-mail. Probably I will send an e-mail in a few minutes.
    I know what you mean about the XP-900 taking ages to print out an A3 format. I have a XP-960 as well.
    Could you please provide me with a link of the Epson ET2600 if you have any available for sale?

Regards,
    At the moment I do not have any ET2600 for sale (I am negotiating to get some units but it may be a few weeks time) it is very similar to the L382 that you were looking at. I was pleased with the ET2600 it worked well and for the money it was good value.

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

| 01902 307111 |

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohh :( Thank you for the info and recommendation, Alex.
    At the moment Epson L382 got 1 point, XP900 got 0 points :)

Oh, I sent you an e-mail a couple of minutes ago.

Regars,