Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Anyone using Forever Multi-Trans ?
    By blackadder in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2018, 03:42 PM
  2. Has anybody mastered Forever No-cut?
    By gorgall2 in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2017, 01:43 PM
  3. Forever Flex Soft No Cut Vinyl
    By Justin in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 26-01-2017, 05:06 PM
  4. SunAngle printers and Forever Laser-Dark (No-Cut) LowTemp
    By Chris1964 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2016, 11:12 PM
  5. Oki C 511DN & Forever Laser Dark
    By raydavies in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-12-2014, 06:19 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forever Subliflex 202 ( and/or forever subliflock). Yes, no or maybe?

Anybody got any experience with the above films? If so how well does it work? - the youtube video looks almost too good to be true, claiming colour fastness for 50 washes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE7jBKRAasw

I am looking for something to use for short/med use garments ( stag/hen or promo etc) where the customer wants detail or multi colour on dark fabrics in quantities too small to screen print. Trying to avoid using inkjet transfers and don't want to invest in laser.

Does any one know if these will work on dark polyester? The website only says cotton/denim/leather, so I am assuming that the temperature needed will cause dye migration.

Printing direct to the flex/flock is appealing. The only similar product I have used is Xpres Subli flock, and I don't like the idea of printing onto paper first and then applying to the flock before cutting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi have never seen or heard of this material so I spoke with my supplier about it. They said that yes, it can also be printed onto polyester. Washability etc is the same as direct sublimation onto poly.
    Subliflock. I have tried and use a lot when I can cut with scissors but Ive never mastered how to cut it in my plotter.
    This Forever paper is not cheap 2€ for an A4 sheet. (Plus tax)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl Smith For This Useful Post:

pw66 (06-07-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info Earl. I think I will order a pack to try.

I agree it isn't cheap, but for stag and hen I could add a couple of quid to the price for anyone wanting full colour/photo. My main use on poly would be for sports team logos - they all seem to have six colours and want to order a handfull at a time - so I would get 6 or 8 on an A4 sheet.

I was worried about applying onto polyester - if the product is designed to allow the sublimation ink to permeat through the flex surely the dye in the fabric would also migrate at the same temperature? One to experiment on!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got a sample pack through from Forever.
    Only done a basic trial so far, on a simple logo. First impresions are good, with a few reservations.
    It definately won't work on 100% polyester sports wear. Dye migration is the worst I have ever seen, but that is to be expected given that the product is designed to allow sub ink pass through it. Probably be ok on 50/50 or 65/35, but I will test it.

Finish is a bit plasticy - not having finishing paper in the sample pack didn't help. Very high gloss if you just use the backing fabric to finish, but a teflon sheet gives a nice satin finish. I expect the matt finishing paper would give a nice effect.

Cold peel is a culture shock, and peeling is a bit fiddley.

Overall -subject to serious wash testing - I think this is looking like a good alternative to solvent transfers, so could be good for workwear and teamwear on the right fabric.

Good for small/medium size logos, but not suitable for fashion use.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

Earl Smith (10-07-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post

Cold peel is a culture shock

From what you say it could work for hats, right? I was thinking of buying mat, but now that you say that one could make it mat with paper, maybe test the glossy one.

What would be the approximate thickness of it? Can not find that info anywhere?
    Last edited by Boyan; 18-08-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It gives a very good quality, high res sublimation print. The natural finish is high gloss, but it works best with the matt finishing paper, available seperately.

Washes very well, but no use on polyester ( even 50/50 or 65/35 polos). Perfect for cotton caps and garments.
    Quite thick - similar to block out htv vinyl.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

Boyan (19-08-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm guessing that if you have a solvent print & cut printer i.e. Roland BN-20 there's no advantage to use this film?

On poly sports shirts, one has to use a vinyl with a blocking membrane such as Xpres subli-block - ordinary textile vinyl can't stop the shirt colour from ruining the design.
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch Up View Post
    I'm guessing that if you have a solvent print & cut printer i.e. Roland BN-20 there's no advantage to use this film?

On poly sports shirts, one has to use a vinyl with a blocking membrane such as Xpres subli-block - ordinary textile vinyl can't stop the shirt colour from ruining the design.
    Correct. The ideal use for this film is to use instead of a solvent printer. The reason it doesn't work on poly is that the image is printed in mirror on the back of the film and it develops through ( sublimates) when being pressed - sp does the dye in the poly fabric.

Shame because it is a good product.