Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 22-09-2014, 09:18 PM
  2. blacks coming out purple
    By becky13299 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30-10-2010, 04:26 PM
  3. Greys printing brown - help please...
    By Joy in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 23-08-2010, 10:57 AM
  4. Greys coming out brown?
    By Lorcan in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 06:14 PM
  5. Blue coming out purple
    By danzab in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 11:10 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greys coming out purple?

Hi
    I currently have a design in png whereby the greys are coming out as purple on plastic. I think it's fine on ceramic but will do another test to double check. I'm using coreldraw, ICC profile, Ricoh 3110 and Sawgrass ink. I've never really had a problem with colours coming out this different before so am not sure what to do. In coreldraw when importing the png, when you print it, there are all these blurry lines so I have to export as a jpeg and then I print that. I might be able to contact the person I bought the image from to see if they can edit it but i'm not really sure to what? I saw a tick box in coreldraw about printing greys only using black but that didn't seem to make any difference. Any ideas?

Also bit of an odd question, but I have an adkins mug press and have just bought a replacement wrap and for some reason I open the wrap section up fully but it's still too tight on the mug and I can't open it anymore than I have. I don't understand what has changed as the wrap is the same size and so is the mug, so how can it now be too tight and I can't adjust it anymore?
    Thanks
    Lianne

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Do a nozzle check and make sure your yellow nozzle isn't blocked.

What 'plastic' are you printing on? Plastic mugs?

Regarding the press, it sounds like you may have a 10oz wrap for 11oz mugs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    Ok will do but wouldn't I have noticed a problem with other colours not coming out correctly, the design has yellow in it. Yes plastic mugs and kids bottles which are plastic. I bought the standard wrap from Xpres for the adkins press and I use their 10oz ultra white mugs so I don't understand. I took the bracket off the side so I can do water bottles but put the bottom screw back in. Can't see how anything else as changed and i've compared the size of the wrap to the old one and it looks the same.
    Thanks
    Lianne

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done a nozzle check and all fine. Tried the design on a ceramic mug as it's the same so I can't have noticed before, not that i've sold many as it's a new design. Another design which is grey is purple ish but not as bad so seems to be a colour management problem. Can I manually adjust any of the settings? don't understand why any colours other than black would be used though?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried using different ICC profiles and even a custom one I had done but whether I print greys in RGB or CMYK they come out in shades of purple on the printout and then item.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Is the grey in your image 'true' grey, or a mix of other colours? Check your design in Photoshop (or whatever software you use).

Have you checked the dates on your ink carts?