Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Nice weather were having but.........
    By Ian M in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weather

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs maggot View Post
    Earl that looks lovely, and what a joy to actually get space in the sand.
    Thats the busy part of the beach. The only photos I have of the empty(er) part is with the family in and my girlfriends grand kids so I cant post them. The beach goes on for miles and miles, clean and sandy and usually with a beach restaurant every half Klm or so. We also had a beach hut in with our apartment so we could leave all the toys there instead of lugging them down to the beach every day.
    Its so strange to think that this is just across the channel from the south of england and if there was a bridge it would only be a two hour drive to London. ( Didnt Boris propose building a bridge? Get on with it man)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl Smith For This Useful Post:

mrs maggot (01-08-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post
    ( Didnt Boris propose building a bridge? Get on with it man)
    Too late! He's already burnt his bridges.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

Earl Smith (01-08-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This is the beach near our caravan park (bottom, centre). It's Druridge Bay in Northumberland and stretches 7 miles from Cresswell to Amble (at the top of the picture). Many times it's completely deserted. Grandkids love playing there and the dog loves it too. It's only 15 mins away from our home.

If only the bloody weather was better! Mind you, we can't complain this year.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

Earl Smith (01-08-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the Northumbrian cost, took hubby up the left hand side of the country the other year, he had never been as a kid they always did the south coast, even managed to call in and see a fellow DSF member in Newcastle on the way. Next time, we are hitting scotland, and some of the islands, trouble is our out of season, does not co-incide with the good weather, but then a break is a break.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always wanted to visit this area. My grandfather worked as an engineer on the Whitley Bay lifeboats and my father followed in his footsteps. I remember them talking about this area and always wanted to see for myself but never had the chance.
    Then the war came alone and their lives changed. Granddad moved down to PottersBar and dad went off to learn how to fly with the Navy. We never got the chance to go up north again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There are lots of nice places in Northumberland Earl but most visitors are just passing through on their way to Bonnie Scotland! If you enjoy visiting castles or sitting on a windswept sandy beach then this is the place for you!

Whitley Bay used to be a real gem when I was younger but sadly has suffered from much neglect over the years.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

Earl Smith (02-08-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Brave.....-a0248389908
    My Grandfather was in this RNLI disaster back in 1939. He was the professional engineer, John Smith. When it turned over he landed on his head and he died in 1962 from brain cancer that developed in exactly the same spot where he banged his head.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl Smith For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (02-08-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wow! He was lucky to have survived Earl. Cullercoats has changed very little and is a lovely little place for a visit. Here is the Cullercoats RNLI station as it stands today ...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

Earl Smith (02-08-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a follow up on this post I started back in July. I dont know what its like over in the UK but here in Germany we still havent had a decent amount of rain. Three weeks ago was the last shower that lasted about two hours, since then its been in the middle 20´s. and how our trees are still standing I have no idea. We visited a Schloss on the Rhine last weekend and its gardens where in full bloom, crazy....
    Whats going on?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I flew over Germany a few days ago coming back from Austria, there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Austria was T shirt weather. I also smashed my head off the Austrian national football stadium, so let's hope I don't die from that in 20 years time!