Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Enamel Mugs
    By Skarekrow in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-03-2018, 03:44 PM
  2. Enamel sublimation mugs.
    By Modeapparel in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-12-2016, 09:48 AM
  3. Enamel Mugs and TMT CPM
    By Simon in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20-06-2016, 06:38 PM
  4. Sublimation on Enamel Mugs
    By Lindsay in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-05-2015, 03:06 PM
  5. Enamel Tin Camping Mugs
    By socialgiraffe in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 04:42 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listawood Enamel mugs

I am losing the will here. Up until now I have printed both Xpres and BMS enamel mugs with no issues whatsoever. As BMS have been out of stock for a while (& Xpres have changed the rim) I bought from Listawood and cannot get them right. Their times and temperatures are quite different (and they have two differing instruction for two of their presses) but I have tried both their settings and BMS settings and everything in between. Either the image is too pale and hasn't transferred properly (suggesting not long enough) or the transfer paper is welded onto the mugs. Has anyone used a setting they know works on Listawood enamel mugs? I have scrapped far too many and it is late!!

ADD: I have also tried the 170 degrees for 180 seconds which UK Printed mugs mentioned on a couple of older threads but the paper still stuck. Nothing else has changed, same paper, same printer, same press, same customer's artwork!
    Last edited by Ali P; 23-07-2018 at 11:40 PM. Reason: additional info

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My old enamel mugs were Xpres. My new enamel mugs are Listawood. I didn't change the times on my press 167 degrees 155 seconds for black text. Xpres Premium subliprint paper on a Magic touch arc press.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GoonerGary For This Useful Post:

Ali P (24-07-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Ali P. We haven't changed our times for Listawood mugs (using Adkins studio press) BUT I have noticed that the last batch of mugs from Listawood are making the paper stick and are coming out more burnt. We will reduce the time but I wonder if the coating is at fault.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Hi Ali P. We haven't changed our times for Listawood mugs (using Adkins studio press) BUT I have noticed that the last batch of mugs from Listawood are making the paper stick and are coming out more burnt. We will reduce the time but I wonder if the coating is at fault.
    Unfortunately I can't make a comparison as I haven't used theirs before. I would say though that they feel much rougher then BMS/Xpres but I have never had paper stick to anything like this before. Burnt and yellowed paper in the early days of printing ceramic mugs which occurred due to overcooking, but the paper isn't burning here, just sticking. (It is trupix with Sawgrass inks)

Anyway 18 mugs later (what a waste!!!) I have a more acceptable print. This particular press has an 'idle' setting which I have never changed and which sits at 110 degrees. I have upped that to 190 on the basis that the mug won't sit in the press for as long while it climbs to the set temperature. So, idle at 190, temperature at 200 which once reached counts down 70 seconds and the print is fair. The paper still doesn't come away easily as it is still sticking. I think this must be down to the coating not allowing it to release properly so I also wonder if this is a substandard batch - in fairness to Listawood, I haven't enquired yet. I tried 40,50 and 60 seconds on the same settings but the print was paler near the rim suggesting the mug hadn't got hot enough throughout, so 70 seconds it is.
    Hopefully this will help anyone else who might be struggling with these.
    Last edited by Ali P; 24-07-2018 at 02:02 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good Morning, I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing problems, please do not hesitate in contacting us directly at tradesupplies@listawood.com for some further assistance.
    Regards
    Lisa Taylor

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Listawood View Post
    Good Morning, I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing problems, please do not hesitate in contacting us directly at tradesupplies@listawood.com for some further assistance.
    Regards
    Lisa Taylor
    Hi Lisa,
    Thank you - I emailed about 20 minutes ago so it will be in your system somewhere :) I couldn't ask you directly last night as it was very late hence the post here. As usual the members of this forum are very helpful

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

You might have a read of a thread I started a while back about exactly the same thing :-

https://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforu...inting-Problem

You will see that, despite time and temp advice from others (which was gratefully received), I ended up going with much different times suggested by Listawood and those solved the problem completely - No more sticking paper and a good print.

The only problem we did have after, to be honest, was that we sent a sample to a potential customer who liked the idea but said they would not be able to market them due to a rust mark creeping out from the rim. It wasn't something we had noticed when sending it out which was strange but it did deter us from pushing on with them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Enamel mugs will rust, they need to be dried immediately.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    Enamel mugs will rust, they need to be dried immediately.
    Yes, but these were not wet. Straight out of the box, printed, air cooled and posted. Client says it was rusty outof the box and could not trust it to be used.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Enamel is easily chipped. Maybe that's what happened.