Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Buying a heat press?
    By ATOJAR in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 19-03-2018, 09:44 PM
  2. Buying clothes for stock - advice please
    By Coops in forum Clothing
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-05-2017, 10:26 AM
  3. 38x38 clam press - advice for buying one
    By smes9 in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-06-2016, 11:30 PM
  4. roland cx24 - buying advice please?
    By gavtheoldskater in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2014, 05:28 PM
  5. Mug press worth buying?
    By jgd100 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-08-2013, 07:05 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need advice, buying a Cap Press

Hi,

need to buy a Cap Press very soon. Will use it for making 5-20 euro branded and custom caps, and possibly for cheap caps for companies/logos.

I have top notch Monblason heat press with multiple platens, which is i think rebranded Transmatic. So they sell a nice cap attachment for 230, which i would buy in a minute if i was not in a retail location, where my heat press is always ON. So i can not unscrew the hot platen and switch on the top plates when hot. I have nice heat gloves, but i dont think this is the way.

As i dont have experience with caps, do i need only one or multiple attachments one like the Galaxy cap heat press.

Now i am thinking between Galaxy + multiple attachments, Second hand Stahls for 450 or buy the attachment for mine press. Should i consider the cheap chinese ones or they are not any good.

The transfer will be Vinyl, Print and cut and probably will like to try the Subliflex 202

Any help with this challenge?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a stand alone cap press, as I find it easier to operate than switching platens over. the most important part for me is the sprint clip bit that holds the cap firm, some of the cheaper chinese ones are not so good, so the hat is not held correctly, and you can get creasing on the cap.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I found a very interesting press, which seems best deal for the money , 4 bases included and shipped from EU. Fortunately found here in Spain a press very similar to the Adkins Studio Cap Press Heat Press, analog controls but no problem to upgrade it. Its cheap, so no problem to sell if i dont like it for some reason. The i guess i have to spend some money on a proper one. I assume after summer also used presses will be much cheaper.
    Problem with the galaxy press is when you put together the attachments and press, its too much money.

This is what i bought, expect to receive it after a couple of days:

Attached Images Attached Images

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have this one....

http://www.coralgraph.com/heat-press...igital-version

I purchased it for a one off job which is handled very well. I now use it occasionally (about 30-50 presses a month) and it is perfect for that sort of work. If I was printing caps all day long then I would consider the build quality of an Adkins or similar.

It needed a bit of tweaking at first as I think the curve of the platen is a bit too sharp, but once sorted it was spot on, and for £130.00 (INC VAT) I think it is a bargain.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.tiendaplotter.com/index.p...ra-gorras.html

What about this supplier, just down the road from you in Murcia? Might cost a bit more, but having the supplier close at hand might have benefits if anything goes wrong.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    http://www.tiendaplotter.com/index.p...ra-gorras.html

What about this supplier, just down the road from you in Murcia? Might cost a bit more, but having the supplier close at hand might have benefits if anything goes wrong.
    Looks nice this one. And I think Secabo are good ones. Usually in Spain all is so overpriced, i directly look into Germany or UK, or China

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hexis sell it for £469, Signmaster £509, both + vat. 450Euros from a supplier 40 miles down the road looks like a good price.

Here is the Secabo dealer page so you can compare prices across europe.
    https://www.secabo.com/en/dealer-search/?country=153

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just received my purchase. It turned out this is Insta 412 cap press, USA made. have to clean it a bit from dust, but that's a high quality press, from the looks of it is top notch. The heat plate is teflon, super smooth mechanism and ridiculously exact analogue temp control with even more ridiculously exact thermometer integrated. Works as smooth as a digital controller, unbelievable.
    The the only upgrade i see is buy extra silicone sponge to accommodate more cap sizes or just adapt it to receive say galaxy or Secabo adapters.
    Last edited by Boyan; 16-08-2018 at 01:44 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a follow up i am very happy with the press. Unfortunately it seems i need 4-5 different adapters as from the 30-40 models of hats i have, it seems all are differently curved.

For the moment i use polyester filling from a pillow that i form to shape and so i press the hats. It works and cost me nothing.