Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. installing sunangel printers????
    By soulclaimed in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 17-04-2015, 10:15 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-01-2015, 08:00 AM
  3. Installing an optical eye
    By esme307 in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 16-01-2013, 10:09 AM
  4. installing ICC profiles
    By TonyMast in forum Printers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 20-08-2012, 05:31 PM
  5. AHHHH! Problems installing cis system! (SORTED)
    By AdamB in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help with installing colour profiles B40W

Hi

I am using a Epson B40W with sawgrass artainium ciss kit.

I have followed the PDF on how to install colour profiles- says right click and then click "install profile" then it say it does not confirm that profile has been installed but next time you right click it it'll say "uninstall profile" but all i get is "install profile" everytime so does this mean it's not installing.

can anyone help me please?
    Matthew
    Someone knocked over my recycle bin... there are icons all over my desktop.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Re: help with installing colour profiles B40W

welll. dont know who write this pdf but I run windows vista and I DONT hae uninstall when clicked again. if you instaled you profile then thats it! go to you software and hit porint. if this is photoshop then you should find your profile in drop down menu with profiles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Managed to get profile installed but now when i print some colours are not coming out right E.G. green came out light blueish in photo.

I changed settings as per instructions on printer advanced options where it says set photo, fast print, icm, no colour change.

do i have to select a different setting when printing where you press print and can select from text, text and image, photo, best photo etc which one of these is best to select anyway?

I could do without this right now as i am trying to sort few big orders out.
    Matthew

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

would be helpfull if you tell us what software you try to use.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry i use serif draw plus x4

never had any problems with colours just slightly different on certain prints but thought i'd try profile that came with printer and printed a image i have printed before and pressed it and colours where nothing like they should be the green came out a light grey blue colour
    Matthew

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

i dont think this software is suported. so dont know how to set it up as all software is diferent....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I changed settings as per instructions on printer advanced options where it says set photo, fast print, icm, no colour change.

do i have to select a different setting when printing where you press print and can select from text, text and image, photo, best photo etc which one of these is best to select anyway?
    There is a pdf on the CD that shows you what to do, but once you have done 'icm, no colour change' then you save this setting, e.g. Sublimation. Then when you go to print and have the printer dialogue up you have all the options like 'text, text and image etc' and the final one on the right is your custom setting - select this one.

have followed the PDF on how to install colour profiles- says right click and then click "install profile" then it say it does not confirm that profile has been installed but next time you right click it it'll say "uninstall profile" but all i get is "install profile" everytime so does this mean it's not installing.
    Again, there is a pdf on the CD. I think it is the Read Me file in the route directory of the CD. There are instructions on how to copy and paste the profile to the appropriate location on the C: drive.

i use serif draw plus x4
    This isn't supported so I don't know if this software has the ability to print with a profile. On the CD are instructions for setting up PhotoShop, PhotoShop Elements and Corel Draw which are the officially supported graphics packages.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alligiftor
    sorry i use serif draw plus x4

never had any problems with colours just slightly different on certain prints but thought i'd try profile that came with printer and printed a image i have printed before and pressed it and colours where nothing like they should be the green came out a light grey blue colour
    I believe that DrawPlus X4 does support ICC profiles (DrawPlus 4 won't because that's ancient). Trouble is that so few people use it that almost no one will be able to tell you where to look for the right settings.

Typically, graphics software hide these things in a "colour management" section because the software is primarily designed to help create the graphics - not print it. They figure that if you go looking for advanced settings like colour management, then you should know enough to know where to look. Chicken and egg.

Most people will be more familiar with Corel, Photoshop, or (in my case) Qimage (which is a doddle for ICC and it only costs about £22 for the cheapest version - but it's completely ignored by Sawgrass in favour of the more expensive software... odd... :| ).

It is normally possible to get the printer driver to handle the Artanium profile, which will let you print from any application without hunting for obscure settings. The trouble is that Epson don't expect anyone to be doing advanced stuff with cheap-end printers. I have a B40W and it's missing the very settings that the more expensive 1400 has in the printer driver. With the 1400 you can happily print through any application, even if the app is oblivious to ICC profiles. But I've yet to find if those settings are hidden anywhere in the B40W's driver.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've managed to get it sorted now pageplus x4 does support the profile i have altered the settings in colour management
    Matthew

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alligiftor
    I've managed to get it sorted now pageplus x4 does support the profile i have altered the settings in colour management
    I used to use PagePlus but I got so fed up with their incessant phone calls every fortnight that I went off Serif in a big way.