Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. In need of a large format printer.
    By Miss D in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-06-2016, 01:16 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-04-2013, 09:52 AM
  3. large wall art
    By india in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-09-2012, 12:04 AM
  4. Wanted Large Format Printer
    By WorthDoingRight in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2012, 11:10 AM
  5. Large Format Printers
    By Justin in forum Printers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Large format wall vinyls

Hi everyone,

Please accept apologies if this is in wrong place, if that is the case perhaps an admin would be kind enough to move to where it belongs........

I'm looking for some info and advice on producing wall stickers. I'm looking for something that would I've me the ability to create the simple black style text only quotation style stickers, but also something that would allow me to potentially be able to do multicoloured stickers that can be made up from custom designs and customer photos.........

Could anyone point me in the direction of where to start looking for such hardware and techniques I need to learn to do this sort of stuff please?

Look forward to all the useful answers you guys have.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just plain coloured text a vinyl plotter would be sufficient. You can cut several colours to a coloured logo or text but you cannot do multi coloured logos with gradient or shadows.
    For these you would require a solvent or latex printer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply Iain. One more quick question following on from your reply then, how would I then supply them to customers. Do I need to to provide some sort of carrier sheet to peel them off individually, or is there a way that they can be peeled off and adhered to the wall in one go?

Thanks in advance,
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    What printer/cutter do you have? We have a 54" latex printer/cutter and can produce removable wall graphics. I've not actually tried them yet but have material here to have a play with.....if I ever get the time!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    What printer/cutter do you have? We have a 54" latex printer/cutter and can produce removable wall graphics. I've not actually tried them yet but have material here to have a play with.....if I ever get the time!
    They have no equipment yet according to the original post.

Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptor View Post
    Thanks for the reply Iain. One more quick question following on from your reply then, how would I then supply them to customers. Do I need to to provide some sort of carrier sheet to peel them off individually, or is there a way that they can be peeled off and adhered to the wall in one go?

Thanks in advance,
    Dave
    You will require application tape or carrier tape for any graphics you produce

Many thanks
    Iain

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Oh yes, now I re-read the post!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks both, I may be able to get my hands on a PixMax vinyl cutter to play about with for a while so may have access to some hardware that would be suitable.
    Is there any recommendations on particular types of application/carrier tape.
    Is there a specific type I would need to use based on what I doing?

I also have to check I have this type of use right as well. I'm assuming I cut the vinyl through cutter, weed the waste, peel backing from vinyl then apply the tape over the vinyl and replace a backing sheet so it has something to adhere to whilst in transit?

As always grateful for all the help you guys here give
    Thanks in advance,
    Dave
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Equipment used: Virtuoso SG400, Ricoh C511dn, 2 mug presses (who knows what make they are)......., 2 flatbed presses (who knows what make they are)......., PixMax vinyl cutter.
    Soon to be hopefully a nice shiny white sublimation printer soon (it's on the wish list, just got to get the wife to let me buy it)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptor View Post
    Thanks both, I may be able to get my hands on a PixMax vinyl cutter to play about with for a while so may have access to some hardware that would be suitable.
    Is there any recommendations on particular types of application/carrier tape.
    Is there a specific type I would need to use based on what I doing?

I also have to check I have this type of use right as well. I'm assuming I cut the vinyl through cutter, weed the waste, peel backing from vinyl then apply the tape over the vinyl and replace a backing sheet so it has something to adhere to whilst in transit?

As always grateful for all the help you guys here give
    Nearly Dave.
    Cut in plotter, remove excess vinyl (weed), DO NOT REMOVE BACKING. Place application tape over the text/logo and send to customer. They then remove the backing when the text is in place and squeegy down the vinyl and remove the application tape to leave the vinyl in place.

Have a look on you tube for vinyl application. There are hundreds of tutorials.
    Many thanks
    Iain

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Quinsfan - as per your advice watched a few methods on you_tube for vinyl application and can see the process you refer to. Following on though I'm now looking for some recommendations as to where to source a good supply and at reasonable price for both vinyl and app tape in the UK (any recommendations will be good).

Also in relation to vinyl are there different types required for heat pressing onto clothing or applying as decor to walls, windows etc?

I have a few cotton items I want to try doing something with over the damp weekend we look like we are being promised as I now have access to the PixMax cutter, just have to set it up at home

Thanks again everyone for the help this forum gives to us all,
    Dave
    Thanks in advance,
    Dave

Equipment used: Virtuoso SG400, Ricoh C511dn, 2 mug presses (who knows what make they are)......., 2 flatbed presses (who knows what make they are)......., PixMax vinyl cutter.
    Soon to be hopefully a nice shiny white sublimation printer soon (it's on the wish list, just got to get the wife to let me buy it)