Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. In need of a large format printer.
    By Miss D in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-06-2016, 01:16 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-04-2013, 09:52 AM
  3. large wall art
    By india in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-09-2012, 12:04 AM
  4. Wanted Large Format Printer
    By WorthDoingRight in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2012, 11:10 AM
  5. Large Format Printers
    By Justin in forum Printers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    A good place to start, if you don't know the difference between vinyl types, is MDP - https://www.mdpsupplies.co.uk/Default.asp

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mdp is a good starting place. I use them for my garment vinyl but use metamark for signage, only because they are down the road from me and I can collect. Once you get going you will find different suppliers and different vinyls to suit your requirements. Xpres are quite good and you get a discount when you become a member on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just my 2p worth. I started in this market. Its now a case of oversupply, too many sellers pushing prices down (on line market places) It is very difficult to earn in this category. I had 5 machines cutting vinyl for 8 plus hours a day, a team of excellent weeders working through meters of the stuff.

I had a friend who was selling around £8,000 a week of the stuff at xmas, after he had paid his bills and staff he LOST £300 odd.

I stopped selling any cut vinyl wall art 18+ months ago., there's no margin in it anymore.

Good luck though, whatever you decide to do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for the help and advice given here for some suppliers to consider.

froggy - I'm just looking at options at the moment, as I am thinking of more personalised things rather than runs of mass produced pieces as far as the wall art goes.

I'll be totally honest I don't really know how well everything is likely to take off as this is more a PT ventue to trial anyway.......but who knows it could be something that I would be able to turn into a full time role (wishfull thinking)
    Thanks in advance,
    Dave
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Equipment used: Virtuoso SG400, Ricoh C511dn, 2 mug presses (who knows what make they are)......., 2 flatbed presses (who knows what make they are)......., PixMax vinyl cutter.
    Soon to be hopefully a nice shiny white sublimation printer soon (it's on the wish list, just got to get the wife to let me buy it)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.