Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mug Presses, Teflon Sheet?
    By Willy in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-03-2018, 09:41 PM
  2. Teflon sheet
    By FBW in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 29-01-2015, 04:04 PM
  3. 3D in a halogen oven
    By Quinsfan in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 10:09 PM
  4. Halogen Oven
    By steve 1 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14-01-2013, 02:22 AM
  5. teflon sheet
    By Paul in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teflon Sheet when using Halogen Oven?

Hi, sorry i'm new to all this but do you need to use a Teflon sheet when using a halogen oven and silicone wrap? Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't. I just tape the transfer to the mug, clip the silicone wrap on and cook 'em.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

tucks09 (03-09-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happens later is the ink from paper goes both ways / texprint paper / so next time you use the wraps they f^^k the mugs . So i started using aluminum foil in between. Unfortunately the AAA quality mugs i buy here in Spain are not perfectly straight, bottom and top rounds a bit so now i think of buying 5mm silicone sponge sheet to put in between

So for perfect result is not so simple as it looks. I would say the perfect paper is the DyeSub Magic, but even so i need the sponge sheet, as i said the mugs could be a bit rounded
    Last edited by Boyan; 06-09-2018 at 01:02 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes you need to protect your wraps when using oven. We cut A3 silicone sheets into a similar size to the mug paper we use and place these inside wraps before securing them onto the mug.
    https://www.yolo.co.uk/silicone-sheets-a4--a3-733-p.asp

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm looking at this halogen oven idea, which I'll buy in excitement and leave it sitting there for months!

How come plain paper doesn't protect the wrap just like you'd use in a normal press? Does the silicone need changing every time?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    I'm looking at this halogen oven idea, which I'll buy in excitement and leave it sitting there for months!

How come plain paper doesn't protect the wrap just like you'd use in a normal press? Does the silicone need changing every time?
    The AAA+ quality mugs here in Spain a slightly curved at top and bottom. The more paper you put, the more rigid it becomes and will not follow tightly the slight curve. Hence the 5mm foam that will push it to a tight fit. The perfect result in this business is not so easy to achieve as people present it, especially when selling something.

I find to make a perfect print on a white sublimation T shirt the hardest thing. Have to take many steps and precautions for that perfect result. Especially when the shirt itself is 5 euro like the Russel HD:
    -the press and working area clean from dust and stuff
    -the bottom of the press to be clean and wrapped in aluminum
    -the paper to be new each time
    -trim the print from ALL sides as sometimes edges have touched sth in printer and you will not see it till you press it
    -clean t shirt from the last miniature hair as when pressed it becomes a color spot
    -take care for the paper not to catch sth flying around until you fix it on top of the shirt
    -choose the proper 195C and 1min or the 175 and 3 min, depending on which material and type of design you are doing
    and so on...

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Printed in an oven using a well used mug wrap 9. Last batch I purchased was in Septemeber 2017 at £2.15 per wrap.

Paper used was Ink Express Subli Sharp paper and Ink Express third party Ricoh ink

This mug was obviously rejected because I have gone a bit too close to the handle and it is slightly blurred.

Item was printed, taped and the silicon wrap placed. No foam and no additional paper was added.

Please note that when the silicon wraps start to get dirty (after about 50 odd prints) I pile up about 30 odd wraps and put in the oven for 10 minutes at a really high temperature. This gasses off the excess ink and brings the wrap up like new.

There is no faffing with a wrap, it takes less than 3 seconds to add a wrap to a mug.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Show me a photo of top and bottom of the same mug, then we will continue the conversation

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Show me a photo of top and bottom of the same mug, then we will continue the conversation
    Hi Boyan

Please see images, sorry if I am getting confused on your request and if you require a different angle or close up of a particular area I am happy to provide it :-)

Attached Images Attached Images
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It must be the paper then that you are using is better. I use the Texprint HR and it leaks at the back and makes the wrap dirty.
    My mug wraps are pretty tight and i can not achieve your result without the foam. Will have to buy that paper you are using and test.

The only paper i ever tested that will not leak at the back is the DYE SUB MAgic which was ways better than the Texprint but have to order from UK as in Spain i dont have a provider

I was wondering also somewhere i saw a sticky paper, will it not work for mugs? Who was selling it?