Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Foamex & Acrylic Supplier required
    By Justin in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31-07-2018, 07:11 PM
  2. Foamex printing
    By GoldRapt in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 20-10-2013, 01:37 PM
  3. Foamex
    By RaDecal Graphics in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-09-2012, 09:37 AM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    There is a guy who trades on ebay as 'Plastic Source Ltd' who gets good deals on ACP and Foamex from Amari. He gets it delivewred on Amari's trucks at less than Amari charge direct.
    The thing is Amari do much, much better prices than their standard tariff. We don't pay anything like what that guy is charging so I imagine he is on a nice little earner!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Thank you, not sure why the search didn't find him :-)

Acrylic could well be an option, I'm re-doing these A4 signs and wondering if vinyl would be better than the print and cut I used before ,no need to laminate if I use good quality vinyl either. Just looking for A4 traffic yellow panels in different materials.

Plenty of food for thought on this, many thanks for everyone's input so far.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StellaD View Post
    The thing is Amari do much, much better prices than their standard tariff. We don't pay anything like what that guy is charging so I imagine he is on a nice little earner!
    That is probably why I don't like using them. I haven't the time or inclination to use anyone who doesn't display the prices they charge me on their website. Thankfully my days of ordering on the phone and asking for the best price are long behind me.

Whenever I have used Plastic Source I have been sent the twin the double sided product, not the hoarding.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I've not got a lot of experience in sign-making but I did get around to making a new sign for our caravan from white acrylic with sign vinyl (5 to 7 years) from MDP. Made a good job that seems to be standing up well to both hot
    /sunny and wet weather.

20180406_154200.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Found someone on eBay that will supply 3mm Yellow Matt / Gloss Dibond ACM Sheet Aluminium Composite in A4 for £4.99 each. Appreciate that's quite expensive but I only need 6 sheets to get this job out so will be a good tester. I'm buying traffic yellow and will just apply black vinyl. Reminder to self to order black sign vinyl! haha.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't need to be the cheapest as long as you know the cost when quoting to the customer. Sometimes it is better to pay a bit more and only order what you want when you want it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Couldn't agree more :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. What kind of printer you need to print direct to aluminium composite boards? I google but cant find straight answers. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kris_hm View Post
    Hi. What kind of printer you need to print direct to aluminium composite boards? I google but cant find straight answers. Thanks
    You will be looking for a flat bed printer. Usually available using solvent ink, but some are now coming on the market using latex ink. Most are 8ft x 4ft or larger ( 2440 x 1220mm) but some are also available as A3 and A2.

The downside is the price. They are several times the price of a similar quality roll media solvent printer. Unless you really need to print direct to ACP then it is cheaper in the long run to print onto vinyl and apply to the panel.