Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Computer woes
    By Ian66 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 28-02-2016, 06:47 PM
  2. iphone case woes
    By bigj2552 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 19-11-2012, 05:58 PM
  3. photoshop woes
    By bigj2552 in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-09-2012, 02:20 AM
  4. still got postage woes :-(
    By bigj2552 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-04-2012, 10:50 AM
  5. D120 woes again
    By adlindsay in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26-03-2011, 08:21 AM

Thread: Colour Woes

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colour Woes

Hey all, I’ve just moved over to a Ricoh SG3110 from a cheap Epson after it packed up.

the Ricoh came with some sublijet-r carts, but they were well out of date.

I’ve since installed some refillable carts with Sublisharp ink. I’m using the provided profile, but regardless of what I do, I can’t get purple to press as purple, it comes out a lovely shade of royal blue.

can anyone suggest what might be wrong? Nozzle checks are perfect, Colour management is turned off in the Ricoh print settings, allow Illustrator to manage colours is selected, i’m Using the correct .icm file and it’s turned on to perceptual mode.

I’m at my wits end! I’ve tried the sublijet profile to see if that helped, but it’s exactly the same. Uninstalled an reinstalled the printer also!

any ideas would be great fully received!

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I print 3 mug designs onto an A4 blank template. When I open the document in Photoshop there are three options. I choose the don't color manage option. Then when I go to print, the printer driver should be set up as you stated.

However, you shouldn't be using generic profiles, but rather a custom profile for your printer. Moderator Paul can supply these or perhaps you could try an alternative profile to see if it changes anything?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    I print 3 mug designs onto an A4 blank template. When I open the document in Photoshop there are three options. I choose the don't color manage option. Then when I go to print, the printer driver should be set up as you stated.

However, you shouldn't be using generic profiles, but rather a custom profile for your printer. Moderator Paul can supply these or perhaps you could try an alternative profile to see if it changes anything?
    thays the thing though, I’ve tried a generic profile for the inks and also a Subli jet profile, using these may not get PERFECT results, but I’d expect it somewhere close. This isn’t anywhere near it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To get accurate colours though, your printing set up should be set up with the exact same settings that the profile is made with. Mix and matching certain settings will give different results. I don't use Ricohs, but don't they have some sort of power driver for the profile? Best bet is to speak to your ink supplier.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What paper are you using? Also, what are you printing on ... mugs, garments, aluminium, ...?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Whilst the profile could well be at fault if you can detail exactly what you're printing, time & temp etc. this may also give clues to the issue.
    Did you flush the old inks from the printer before installing Subli Sharp? If not, there are long lines in the Ricoh printers which hold the ink prior to printing so your new inks may not even be at the print heads yet. this is assuming the carts were installed?
    Whilst I know you're not using Sawgrass carts you can still head over to their support pages and run through the check lists to ensure everything is set up as it should be.
    Speak to your supplier (Ink Express?) about the profile.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been looking at this thread to and have had a similar problem. I was trying to do some mugs which were mainly a blue logo, these came out in a jade green colour after printing.
    I've still not got the hang of the profile as yet as I'm also using subli sharp. I was advised to NOT assign any profile to the image you are printing (just use normal adobe RGB)and do not use the power driver to print but use the actual ricoh printer instead it should be something along the lines of RICOH AFFICIO sg3110dn RPCS-R, you will only see this when you enable photoshop to control the colors. Once you have assigned the printer select the sublisharp profile below that, then you have to tweak the printer settings, you have to turn the color profile OFF from within the detailed settings tab to ensure that the printer just spits out what photoshop sends it. I did do the above steps but I still got a jade green when supposed to be blue so I ended up having to apply filters to the image to up the saturation on the jpeg logo to compensate so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...trial and error I suppose and a few duff mugs later.
    Talk to the guys at inkexpress as they told me what to do about the settings, I have obviously just missed something along the way as there are a few settings in there which Ive no doubt messed with which I shouldn't have.

I hope that makes sense?