Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Changing sub inks in Ricoh SG3110DN...
    By webtrekker in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-06-2018, 11:35 AM
  2. Sold Ricoh SG3110DN Printer, Refillable Carts, SUBPRO-GX Inks
    By PeteO in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-04-2018, 06:18 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-04-2015, 09:01 AM
  4. Pigment Inks, Gel inks, Refillable cartridges,
    By timeleecoops in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 29-01-2015, 06:04 PM
  5. brother 5910dw pigment inks
    By bigj2552 in forum Printers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20-09-2012, 11:05 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Pigment inks for Ricoh SG3110DN...

I have a spare Ricoh SG3110DN printer, currently using sub inks. Having never done any pigment transfers, I was wondering whether the 3110 can use pigment inks. Are the original carts supplied with the printer pigment or dye ink?

If anyone uses pigment inks in a 3110 for printing heat transfers for bags and garments (JPSS for example), do these perform well and stand up to regular washing?

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hmm,... I think I've answered the first part of my question by finding this - http://www.printware.co.uk/Blog/356/...t-GelJets.html

I thought GelJet was just some kind of fancy name, not a different technology!

Still would like to hear from anyone who can help me with pigment transfers and also whether anyone prints stickers using a 3110 with GelJet or compatible inks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a spare ... so I'm listening too!
    I'm Dutch and I hope I understand all the technical terms

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Maartje For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (19-09-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I have also enquired in the past with my ink manufacturers regarding a pigment ink to suit the RICOH printing heads. Geljet inks are loosely based on a pigment ink formulation but no manufacturer seems to offer a specific ink to suit.

I trialled one of my RICOH printers with a set of Epson pigment inks from OCP, they were the Durabright Ultra equivalent inks. They worked well and didn't have any issues. Ideally it needed a custom profile but I never bothered as there was no real demand for it. But the ink worked and was viscous enough not to overheat and burn out the printer head.

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | 01902 307111 |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to InkExpress For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (20-09-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks Alex.

They seem to be selling Ricoh pigment inks on the CIE website. Here's a section from the page ...

Please note this is not Sublimation ink

Please note our SG3110DN ciss systems, SG3110DN Ricoh Multipack Gel Ink bulk refills and SG3110DN Multipack Gel Ink refillable ink cartridges are not made by Ricoh this is a registered trademark and we use the term for descriptive purposes only.

We use premium grade based Multipack Gel Ink bulk inks from US raw materials for our Ciss bulk Multipack Gel Ink ink refill inks and ink cartridges for the Ricoh SG3110DN, its made to a high specification this ensures a wide colour gamut and vivid output. It has high end UV absorber components added to prolong ink life and durability; this means prints do not fade at the same rate as generic Multipack Gel Ink inks in cheaper SG3110DN Cis system and refillable ink cartridge systems that use Ricoh Gel ink GC41.

Cityinkexpress Multipack Gel Ink bulk ink refill for Ricoh can be used on ciss bulk ink systems and Ricoh SG3110DN Multipack Gel Ink bulk ink cartridges such as the

Once the Multipack Gel Ink refill bulk ink for the Ricoh Gel ink GC41 Ricoh SG3110DN has been opened the bottle should be stored out of sunlight, doing this will maximise the ink life to 12-18 months

Our Multipack Gel Ink bulk ink refill for Ricoh will produce excellent results with a good range of tones.
    I've never tried these inks so wouldn't know how well they perform. It's interesting that you say the Epson Durabright Ultra equivalents seem to work ok, I could always give those a try after flushing out my printer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Not 100% sure of what Shane at CIE is selling, it could well be a specific ink or some version of an Epson style pigment ink like I used either way the CIE inks are generally very good.

As i said, the Epson equivalent pigment inks worked and didn't cause me any issues. I know from experience they don't work with dye inks as the ink is too thin and it causes a thermal print head failure.
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

| 01902 307111 |

9. The Following User Says Thank You to InkExpress For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (20-09-2018)