Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. ricoh sg3110dn error code sc29500
    By monkeyjojo in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-10-2019, 10:30 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22-01-2018, 12:15 PM
  3. ricoh 3110 error code 57000
    By bendee2020 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-08-2017, 08:44 PM
  4. Ricoh error code SC 28212
    By Jessie in forum Printers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 16-04-2016, 01:10 AM
  5. Ricoh error code
    By india in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-03-2015, 12:03 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricoh SG2100N error code??

Hi guys. I have a Ricoh Aficio SG2100n which has been absolutely great until I got error code: SC (28114) appear yesterday. LCD screen prompts to reboot or contact service supplier if it persists -Ricoh have been elusive when trying to contact for help. Anybody got an ideas of how to clear the error or what it actually means?

Many thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I may be wrong (and am going off memory from when I had a list of all the error codes for the RICOH printers) a SC28114 is related to a faulty yellow ink cartridge. (SC28111 is black, 28112 is cyan, 28113 is magenta and so on) I may be wrong, but it may be worth while removing the yellow ink cartridge and repowering to see if the message persists.

RICOH error codes are a real nightmare to work out and I never got any real answers from google search, forums or RICOH themselves when we sold their printers. As you say RICOH support appears to be elusive, I heard that when they stopped producing desktop SG printer range they closed down the support offices (again I could be wrong)
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | 01902 307111 |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InkExpress For This Useful Post:

Justin (20-09-2018), Red Wizard (20-09-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice. I removed the yellow cartridge and sure enough, when I powered up the error was no longer showing up on the LCD. I put in the same cartridge again and the error shows up... I thought I would try putting in the unused geljet cartridge supplied with the printer to test if the error message persists and it does! Not really sure what to do here. Any ideas?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    If the printer is doing the same with the Original cartridge in too then I'm afraid I'm all out of ideas.

I was going to say try another yellow ink, but if an Original is flagging the same error it looks to be a problem with the printer itself rather than the cartridge.

As a last ditch effort check the contacts inside the printer where the yellow chip connects. Wipe off any liquid that may be on the contacts with a dry cloth or tissue, and give them a bit of a clean. After that try both cartridges again.

Other than that I really am unsure as to what else to do.

Sorry.
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

| 01902 307111 |

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I tried, which seemed to work was to fold a small sheet of paper and taped it to the inside of door to the cartridges. I think someone somewhere else suggested that the error could be to do with "lack of pressure". So I theorized that it could be to do with the firmness of the cartridge's contact with printer internals - may be due to just wear and tear. Taping the paper just increases the firmness of the contact.

I wouldn't be confident of saying that this is the definitive answer. It could have just been luck!

IMG_0058.jpg

Just found the link to the other post that suggested it was something to do with pressure: https://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforu...rror-Dodgy-ink

I have contacted supplier with this error code off and on for a few weeks, turns out its something to do with yellow ink, not enough pressure or something like that.
    Last edited by SteveHart; 13-01-2020 at 04:26 PM.