Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Freesub double mug press help
    By jennywren in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-11-2017, 11:08 AM
  2. Freesub Double Mug Press
    By Bob700 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-10-2017, 08:45 AM
  3. For Sale Freesub Double Mug Press
    By Bob700 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-06-2017, 09:31 AM
  4. Freesub double mug press info
    By John G in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-12-2016, 05:08 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freesub ST-210 double mug press advice needed please

Hi all,

Just starting out with a Freesub ST-210 mug press to find my feet, anyone use this press? If so what have you found temp / time / tips work or worked better for you please?
    I'm using Xpress Subliprint premium paper, Sublinova ink, with Coralgraph 10oz Orca coated mugs at the moment.

thanks in advance.
    Rob
    Kit: Microtec Senko 20A 40x50cm, Galaxy GS-202-B Big Pro mug press, Epson WF-7715WDF, Epson 1500W, Cameo 3 cutter, LYU Df-1261_AF 54" cutter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently go with 170 temp, 170 sec & 125 idle - works perfect for xpres mugs, sawgrass inks and Ricoh printer. If using a Ricoh and your blacks are coming out brown, take the seconds down a little.
    The way I use the Freesub ST-210 is:
    Switch on, press the heat button and get to idle temp (use an old mug in the press to protect the blanket). Pop the mug in with the transfer attached and click the timer - the temp will rise to 170 and then the timer will automatically count down. When it beebs, take mug out and replace with the next one to be printed, hit the timer. Take the transfer off first mug and leave to cool (or cool with fan if you find blacks blurring) - bobs ya uncle.

Cheers John

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks John, only done three trial prints before printer went south and back to Argos lol, just waiting on new carts from Ink Express coming today so i can crack on again.
    I watched a video on leaving a spare mug in so already doing that but i have been doing 180c 220s and remove, peel off right away and dig in room temp water tub.
    So you recommend leaving to cool naturally then. i will try it thanks and also the temps / secs change cheers.
    Kit: Microtec Senko 20A 40x50cm, Galaxy GS-202-B Big Pro mug press, Epson WF-7715WDF, Epson 1500W, Cameo 3 cutter, LYU Df-1261_AF 54" cutter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to cool with water but it's just not needed if you lower your temps and also it's messy having to dry them all the time.
    At 180/220s i'd getting brown blacks and blurring - it would be totally overcooked if using Ricoh's and sawgrass - but it also depends on the mugs used.
    Cheers John

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, i have lowered ready for new carts when they arrive, i'm using Coralgraph 10oz Orca coated mugs plain white.
    This is from CG webpage on temps, Our 10oz , 11oz Mugs Time & Temp : 180 C for 170-180 Seconds ( For our mug press )
    so will try yours to see the difference, but agree although a full picture print came out dark i think that was down to not having an ICC for my old printer, i have since got a new printer and calibrated my editing monitor with my Datacolor Spyder 5 elite tool. which has sorted the difference out but it could of over cooked the print as you say and darkened it too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First print with new carts and printer 170c 170c
    This is my fourth actual mug print since starting
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mach-One For This Useful Post:

Kerry464 (22-09-2018)