Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Cleaning the heat press / stopping colours running.
    By Fletcher in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 27-06-2018, 02:52 PM
  2. What settings
    By A11kns in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-04-2015, 10:33 PM
  3. B1100 Settings
    By R.Prints in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19-06-2011, 11:30 AM
  4. what settings for a DF-180
    By Philspectrum in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19-03-2010, 10:06 AM
  5. typical heat press settings for sublimation items
    By steve dee in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heat settings and bad colours!

I hope this in the right section!
    I’m running a Ricoh 3110 with sublisplash inks, Galaxay mug pro 4 in 1 GS203, using paper from Xpres and mugs from Coralgraph 10oz Orca coated, my problem is my colours on printed mugs, my blacks are brown and my purples are red and so on, I’ve tried changing the seconds, I’ve tried changing the tempreture, but no luck! Any help greatly appreciated.
    One more thing, why is there 2 temperature settings on my mug press, I have temp1 set at 160, temp 2 set at 190, seconds set at 150, is this ok or am I way out?

Is the Martin Butler DVD worth getting??...... I know that was 2 more things !!!

TIA
    Tops

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi. What software are you printing from? Are you using the correct ICC printer profile? If you have no idea what I'm talking about then you first need to understand what ICC profiles are before continuing any further.

Your press will have an idle temperature and a maximum temperature. The maximum should be set at about 180 degrees C for sublimating mugs. My presses don't have idle temps but you'll set this somewhat lower, I'm guessing about 150 degrees C but someone else should be able to provide a better guide.

I've watched a few Martin Butler videos on youtube but can't comment on whether his DVD's are worth buying. Personally, I've found all the help I've ever needed in this forum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Webtrekker, I’ve been trying to get to grips with Inkscape which is what I printed the mugs from on this occasion, I do also have Gimp but not used it as yet, your thoughts on which is better? I have also been given Photoshop version 10 but have not loaded this on my PC as yet.
    The ICC printer profiles is what I’m lacking in knowledge of, I’ve read a few threads on here about them, but it just doesn’t sink in!!
    Thanks for the press answers that makes sense and I will try the settings you suggested, but seems I need ICC training!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who did you buy the inks from? They should have provided you with the ICC and how to set it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tops View Post
    Hi Webtrekker, I’ve been trying to get to grips with Inkscape which is what I printed the mugs from on this occasion, I do also have Gimp but not used it as yet, your thoughts on which is better? I have also been given Photoshop version 10 but have not loaded this on my PC as yet.
    The ICC printer profiles is what I’m lacking in knowledge of, I’ve read a few threads on here about them, but it just doesn’t sink in!!
    Thanks for the press answers that makes sense and I will try the settings you suggested, but seems I need ICC training!
    I use Photoshop. I don't use Gimp and I don't print from Inkscape so can't help you much with those I'm afraid.

In Photoshop's 'Print' dialogue, under the Color Management settings, you have to set 'Color Handling' to 'Photoshop Manages Colors' in the drop-down list.

In the 'Printer Profile' drop-down select your ICC profile (provided by your inks supplier).

Set your actual printer driver to not manage colours. For the Ricoh 3110 this can be found in your 'Print Settings ...' under 'Detailed Settings' --> 'Print Quality' tab. Set 'Color Profile' to 'Off.'

Until you've got this sorted you are wasting your time (and mugs).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The inks and printer came from Dye Sublimation Supplies.
    Just looked in the box again in case I missed some thing, all that came in box other than printer, was a safety info book, notes for using the machine safely and a CD printer drivers,manuals, utilities.
    Last edited by Tops; 23-09-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    I use Photoshop. I don't use Gimp and I don't print from Inkscape so can't help you much with those I'm afraid.

In Photoshop's 'Print' dialogue, under the Color Management settings, you have to set 'Color Handling' to 'Photoshop Manages Colors' in the drop-down list.

In the 'Printer Profile' drop-down select your ICC profile (provided by your inks supplier).

Set your actual printer driver to not manage colours. For the Ricoh 3110 this can be found in your 'Print Settings ...' under 'Detailed Settings' --> 'Print Quality' tab. Set 'Color Profile' to 'Off.'

Until you've got this sorted you are wasting your time (and mugs).
    OK so I have to install Photoshop, apparently it’s the full version but I won’t need all of it!!!, this is what my friend said, but he doesn’t know about mug/sub printing so couldn’t tell me which one.
    i will go look at some threads to find it, back soon��

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I’ve been on Sublisplash site and downloaded the ICC driver for my printer and added it to the driver file in my system 32, spool,driver colour . There was 2 icc profiles there RSWOP AND sRGB colour space profile, the new one is sublisplash_SG3110_11_04_17, I have restarted the PC, is that all I need to do?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tops View Post
    Ok I’ve been on Sublisplash site and downloaded the ICC driver for my printer and added it to the driver file in my system 32, spool,driver colour . There was 2 icc profiles there RSWOP AND sRGB colour space profile, the new one is sublisplash_SG3110_11_04_17, I have restarted the PC, is that all I need to do?
    That will install the profile on your machine, but you need to follow my instructions above for getting it to work with Photoshop.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    You can install your icc without photoshop.
    I will try to find manual and will send it to you. You can make profile in your ricoh driver to use this icc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG