Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mug Wraps
    By johna1954 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2018, 11:16 AM
  2. Bloomin Mug Wraps
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-10-2016, 09:34 PM
  3. Wanted Mug Wraps
    By arthur.daley in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-06-2014, 10:07 PM
  4. Mug wraps
    By TonyM in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 16-08-2011, 11:09 PM
  5. new wraps
    By chongsta in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Small 7oz Mug Wraps

We bought a load of 10/11oz mug wraps earlier in the year direct from China and now need the same for 7oz mugs (Dinky Durhams from Listawood)

I've not found any smaller wraps yet but if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    http://www.subli.co.uk/shop/dye-subl...p-/-clamp.html

Not sure if these would fit the 7oz mugs? I won't be paying that price but it's a start ;-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What is the image/coverage like?

Reason I ask is because Thermoshrink will do the job but I am not sure on bulk how reliable it would be on lots of coverage. If you take that mug I photographed on here that has the Panda's on it and the word Peanut on the handle. That was a one off using the film and a decent amount of heat tape. It worked and worked very well but I am not sure if I got lucky or it would work continuously. However I do know the film would work on less coverage where the image is not so close to the handle (I would imagine it would need to be 30mm plus). That would be fine for logo stuff but not much else.

I suppose it depends on if you need a workable solution for a 1 off job or you want something more permanent.

Failing that, you could always purchase the silicon and make some, they don't seem that hard to make.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Coverage is full.

This job is 72 mugs but should lead to a lot more. I can do them in the press with a smaller element but can't get near enough to the handle for my liking, hence the wrap request.

I did wonder if the thermo stuff would work on a mug this small, I ordered a few of each size but not sure if there was smaller than the standard mug size without looking? if I still can't get nearer the handle it'll be a no go.

Do I not need a wrap over the therm stuff?

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Coverage is full.

I did wonder if the thermo stuff would work on a mug this small, I ordered a few of each size but not sure if there was smaller than the standard mug size without looking? if I still can't get nearer the handle it'll be a no go.

Do I not need a wrap over the therm stuff?
    You will probably find one that you can cut in half that will work a treat. You do not need to wrap after.

How I would do it is to tape the print making sure that the tape runs the full height of the mug and making sure it is really really tight. Then I would add the film over the handle and heat gun it to hold the print in place. I would consider dunking as soon as you take out of the oven as well.

Pretty sure it would work, but it really is a temporary work around (in my opinion) and ideally you need wraps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Printed these in the Adkins press, they look fine but the print is soooo far from the handle! :-(

Interested in having a go at making a few smaller wraps as mentioned above, anyone done this successfully?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This, to me, is a major flaw in mug press design. I think much better results would be obtained by having a heated element INSIDE the mug as well as outside. That way you'd get all-round constant heating while still having the convenience of a mug press, and be able to produce full area prints nearer to the handle

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I can't see a problem with such a press being created if any manufacturer was willing to take it on. You'd still need to get heat into the bulkier areas a little first but I'm sure that may help....it would possibly crack some of the poorer quality mugs so maybe lower temps! TBH looking at the small blanket I have to use for these it could be made larger to get nearer the handle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Or, in a nutshell what you're describing is an oven! I use my oven whenever I can even for small runs as the results are so much better and consistent, hence the request for smaller wraps :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    So i can find the silicone no problem, wraps I have look like they are attached to the end clamps/clips with studs, that shouldn't be a problem. Now, the clamps on the end, I'm thinking something simple as used on the wraps shown below would be easiest option (but open to any other ideas) No idea what to search for though :-)

These actually looked glued together so that could be even easier. Looks like metal rods with small oval clips?

Attached Images Attached Images