Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from Alaska

Hello all!
    Great to find this Forum and thanks for accepting me here! I am a nature photographer and just recently started a Dye Sublimation business mainly for metal printing. No doubt I’ll have some questions in the near future. We are offering the largest format available here in Alaska at 44”x64”. Pretty excited about it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Hi there and welcome to the forum :-)

Best of luck with your new venture. Is that the size of the metal sheet you'll be offering?? We looked at doing larger sheets but the press isn't cheap ;-) Also, you don't want to be wasting many at the expected price they must cost!

Justin
    DSF Admin
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!
    40x60 is our largest size offered. And yes, pretty nerve racking getting it right with each pressing. I’ll be pressing my first of that size in a couple days for a showing of my personal wildlife photography. Any tips you or anyone else want to share? ��

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yeah, don't so it ;-) Is it Chromaluxe metal?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahahaha
    Yes, Chromalux. I’ve had success with panels up to 16x24. Will be working up from there over the next couple days. In regards to 40x60, you said don’t do it. Is it as scary as it seems? Lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Reason for asking was to see if you're using the Endura fabric as well? I'd be concerned over chipping on the edges. The Endura collects moisture and helps stop gassing out by capturing the gassed ink.

https://www.xpres.co.uk/p-8403-chrom...ric-xpres.aspx