Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mug pressing problems
    By johna1954 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 16-08-2018, 12:09 PM
  2. Problems pressing tees platen outline showing
    By Joelmb in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-03-2018, 05:42 PM
  3. Problems with mug pressing.
    By astrobutch in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-08-2016, 06:19 PM
  4. Post pressing problems
    By paul 44 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2015, 08:20 PM
  5. PROBLEMS with pressing latte mugs
    By PJames in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a video on youtube where a factory (machine) was processing mugs and slapping on silicone wraps and plunging them into an oven. I had the impression they were doing this without human intervention.

Your question and my question is how do these companies print mugs with consistent results? If it is such a dark art then how do these companies automate it?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveHart For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (30-10-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK - tried dunking mugs in a sink filled with hot water straight out of the tap. I think this is still too cool. Whilst none of the mugs cracked visibly, I think some cracked "non-visibly". I could hear a cracking sound and see what looked like crack lines in the water, but once removed there was nothing visible. What I do now is boil a kettle and fill the mug with boiling water before dunking. Could be a pain if doing 100 mugs.

I think if you are going to dunk then it has to be pretty close to 100c. Certainly not cool enough to put your hand in. You could keep a pot of water on boil.

I have to point out that not all designs have problems with bleeding. For me, it seems connected to the colour yellow and how close it is to the front of the mug.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing that was never clear to me as a newbie was the heating up times/instructions. There is a lot of advice out there saying let the mug warm up for 2/3/4 minutes. I think this is from people who don't have a thermometer on their press. I don't know if this is common. Mine does.

When I first turn on the press (I have an old, blank mug in there already) I let it warm up to 170c. I'm also warming up the mug I'm going to print at the same time by holding it above the press. When the press gets to 170 I take the old mug out and put my mug-to-print in. The temperature drops straight away. So I need to wait for my "mug-to-print" to warm up. That's now two warm-up phases. Once my mug-to-print gets to 170 I then turn on the timer to 90secs. Once that mug is finished I put in the next one. Once again the temperature drops and I have to wait for it to rise back up to 170.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Steve!

Your post was very useful, thank you!

But I got some questions:
    I got problem that there is yellow line a round black color:

So this mean that I use too high temperature? I use 360F to 180sec.
    Maybe I got yellow line because I use regular cooking paper not specialized?

Also, could you please explain the point of dunking mugs? I have found many opinions on this. Do you find big difference between dunked and non-dunked mugs?

Have you tried to sublimate anything on latte mugs? I found out that you must have special design because mug is narrow on the bottom but wider on top.
    Attached Images Attached Images