Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Settings Sublimate Paper for Epson Stylus 1500w
    By Nick520 in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-07-2016, 01:25 PM
  2. paper settings
    By kiprogers in forum Printers
    Last Post: 23-12-2015, 01:53 PM
  3. Epson paper settings?
    By artygirl in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26-04-2015, 09:48 PM
  4. what printer settings for sublimation paper
    By plugy in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-05-2012, 12:04 PM
  5. virgin media
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Last Post: 24-02-2010, 05:33 PM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sublisharp Paper Media Settings

I've switched paper to Inkexpress's Subli Sharp, nice paper, but....

it doesn't come though my Epson 1500W very well..not feeding correctly. I'm assuming it's white side up? Which media settings should be using on the driver? It's set at Epson Matte at the moment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Hi Gary,

Yes Subli-Sharp paper should be fed through bright white side facing you when stacked in the printer. If you are unsure of the which side to use lik your thumb and press on the corner of the paper; if it sticks that is the printable side.

I generally recommend the following settings for 1500W-

Quality - Photo
    Paper Type - Epson Matte

The 1500W does have a tendency to slip and misfeed the paper when they get a bit older and the paper feed wears. I usually stack my machine with around 15-20 sheets before putting the paper in I fan it out to make sure none of the sheets are stuck together.

I do try to get in the habit of cleaning the rollers as the coating can come off the paper overtime leaving a white powder on the rollers, I clean this off using cotton swabs or alcohol wipes.

Some of older 1500W have really worn paper feeders and these do slip a lot (nothing to do with the paper just the wear and tare on the printers) with these I tend to cleaner the rollers as above and feed through some cheap course plain paper sheets to dry the rollers, the fibres on the plain paper also help to improve the grip of the rollers.

I hope the above helps.

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | 01902 307111 |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The printer isn't that old and the problem only started the moment I switched papers. I remember my previous Epsons were funny with similar TruPix paper also. I've given the rubber gripper a clean with IPA to remove any paper dust and hopefully that will improve things. I was hoping it was a paper thickness issue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Strange, I do get the odd issue where a particular printer wont take our 120gsm Subli-Sharp, but its quite rare. If the thickness is an issue we do Subli-Sharp in a thinner 100gsm weight as well. Let me know and I can happily post you some samples of 100gsm FOC

Alex
    Ink Express ltd. Unit 20 Fallings Park Industrial Estate, Park Lane, Wolverhampton. WV10 9QB

| 01902 307111 |