Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. What am I doing wrong?!
    By Anth1981 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 15-12-2015, 08:33 PM
  2. what did i do wrong?????
    By fiona in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 23-06-2015, 11:45 AM
  3. What am I doing wrong
    By Miffmiss in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-02-2015, 06:06 PM
  4. can someone tell me where im going wrong
    By george in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-06-2014, 09:33 AM
  5. I must be doing something wrong.
    By Earl Smith in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Something wrong

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    First off, you're wasting your time without first installing an ICC profile and MAKING YOUR GRAPHICS SOFTWARE USE THE PROFILE to print. This is a very important first step. You must switch off colour management in your printer driver and let your graphics software manage colours via the ICC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the F instead of C is a very destinct possibility !
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry but I don't really get that F instead of C what did you mean ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Is your press reading in degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius? It's a common mistake to be sublimating at way too low a temperature, 180 deg F, instead of 180 deg C.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is reading at 180 Celsius I have had delivered today some samples of dyes sub printed already tried and all working good with press not a problem.So there is a problem with ink or printer I think I have asked cie for ICC but they have got funny with me a bit said that I don't really need ICC to print and do sublimation.No idea if I need to get new ink or what else to do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do have to diffrent type of paper. one is from Ink Express sublimation shrapnels 120g ,other one is from CIE.When pressed image is exactly the same yellow on both papers.I I have changed ink ( I did get that with printer so it is second hand ) I have flushed heads as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack73 View Post
    it is reading at 180 Celsius I have had delivered today some samples of dyes sub printed already tried and all working good with press not a problem.So there is a problem with ink or printer I think I have asked cie for ICC but they have got funny with me a bit said that I don't really need ICC to print and do sublimation.No idea if I need to get new ink or what else to do.
    I can't understand why CIE would say you don't need an ICC profile for sub-printing with their inks and a Ricoh 3110 printer. I've always found communications with CIE to be excellent.

Saying that, since I use the same inks, paper and printer as you, I can PM you a link to download a CIE profile (for your MacOs) and see if that makes a difference. I don't print with Inkscape though so you'll have to find out how to use an ICC with that software.

The only other thing I can think of that may be causing your issue is that you haven't flushed the old inks right through and the new inks aren't reaching the print heads yet. It takes a LOT of ink to refill those ink lines.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack73 View Post
    I do have to diffrent type of paper. one is from Ink Express sublimation shrapnels 120g ,other one is from CIE.When pressed image is exactly the same yellow on both papers.I I have changed ink ( I did get that with printer so it is second hand ) I have flushed heads as well.
    Is it Ink Express Subli Sharp paper? Are you saying the transfer print is yellow or only yellow is transferring?

No matter what the paper is if it's just printing yellow the fault is with your printer. if the profile was wrong, settings wrong etc. it would still be colour, all be it the wrong colours. Just yellow leads me to thin CMK are blocked. Can you post pic of nozzle check.

if you had old non subli ink in that printer it all needs flushing out, you can';t just add carts and it will work through, it will take forever.

Other than the cotton t-shirt, what else have you tried pressing onto?
    Last edited by Justin; 02-11-2018 at 09:50 AM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @jack73 I have PM'd you with an ICC profile and instructions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to let you all know finally all is working how it’s should with all of your help sonone day we will have cold bear lol so there they are light not good and still need to learn a lot about it all how to place and all of that but getting there .
    Attached Images Attached Images