Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Gift Box Printing - Mugs
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-02-2016, 09:33 AM
  2. Printing mugs ive had a few come out
    By Deano82 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 20-12-2015, 01:51 PM
  3. Blurred printing on mugs.
    By GoonerGary in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-04-2013, 12:25 AM
  4. Printing on bottom of mugs
    By James990 in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 29-01-2013, 09:18 AM
  5. printing Mugs
    By VSW in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Low and slow is the way to go....
    You also remove any chance of ghosting as the mug will immediately stop cooking as soon as you take it out of the press (not suggesting you had that issue though)

However, none of these tips are going to help Justin and his presumably uncoated stock :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    However, none of these tips are going to help Justin and his presumably uncoated stock :-)
    Nope. Looks like they'll have to be returned to supplier, or decorate them all with Sharpies or gold vinyl! ;-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    You also remove any chance of ghosting as the mug will immediately stop cooking as soon as you take it out of the press (not suggesting you had that issue though)

Off topic yes! With 170 degrees - 130 seconds whatever, there was only 5 seconds of leeway before the text blurred. But I seem to have found that sweet spot where it stops cooking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    Nope. Looks like they'll have to be returned to supplier, or decorate them all with Sharpies or gold vinyl! ;-)
    Bizarrely, people earn money from Sharpie mugs. What has the world come to?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    I see A LOT of vinyl decorated mugs and plastic water bottles sold on places like Etsy which amazes me.

Why do people put up with crap?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yeah... And when you complain about the items being complete sheeite, they say 'well, you mustn't have followed the instructions to wash them only in a 50/50 mixture of unicorn tears and ground hen's teeth!' No refund!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Off topic yes! With 170 degrees - 130 seconds whatever, there was only 5 seconds of leeway before the text blurred. But I seem to have found that sweet spot where it stops cooking.
    This is interesting, because I've never found timing to be that critical. Sometimes I let my press beep away while I'm busy wrapping another mug, or finishing off a cup of tea and the print has been no different.

Also, with regard to temperatures, I know 180 is often quoted as a starting point, but how many people are actually sure that their press is in fact at the temperature stated on the display? Gary is having good results at 170 while mine works well at 180, but maybe BOTH of our presses are at the same temperature in reality. The sweet spot maybe 175 for all we know, or maybe both of our presses are reading high and we're actually both cooking at 165.

I worked for many years in injection moulding where the temperatures of the mould cavities were controlled by a bank of micro-controllers and a difference of + or - one degree could make all the difference between the components flashing or shorting. I don't think mug printing requires anything near that accuracy though, but it would be nice if these mug presses had a more exact reading of the actual temperature inside the press when cooking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    These are soup spoons with mugs, I guess the same has happened as John mentions above :-( Order has been lost now.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is interesting, because I've never found timing to be that critical. Sometimes I let my press beep away while I'm busy wrapping another mug, or finishing off a cup of tea and the print has been no different.
    Are you referring to your oven Webtrekker?

Reason I ask is because time and temperature with an oven can be A LOT more ambiguous as the heat is different. Its part of the reason as to why you get so few failures (if any) using ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post

Also, with regard to temperatures, I know 180 is often quoted as a starting point, but how many people are actually sure that their press is in fact at the temperature stated on the display? Gary is having good results at 170 while mine works well at 180, but maybe BOTH of our presses are at the same temperature in reality. The sweet spot maybe 175 for all we know, or maybe both of our presses are reading high and we're actually both cooking at 165.

For simple text designs, the Adkins is set at 163 degrees - 230 seconds. Heavier black designs will be 250 seconds. More for full colour designs. This is across all three of my Adkins presses with new blankets, so they are fairly consistent across the range which is good. I'm getting more even printing with the lower temperatures.