Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mug Mockup Generator
    By TerryQ in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-12-2017, 06:39 PM
  2. Mug Mockup
    By Themugbox in forum Software
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-02-2015, 10:59 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-03-2013, 09:38 AM
  4. Stripy and Faded Result
    By MattP in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-02-2012, 12:18 PM
  5. result was not too satisfactory
    By sandid in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 25-12-2011, 12:52 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Mockup to sublimation -- Result nothing alike **Help **

Hi There

I have a 3D Sublimation machine which i use to do 3D phone cases.

Ive been doing it a while & perfected it in terms of heat / times / corners etc.

Im trying to grow my phone case sales so decided to use a Mock up generator, making listings a lot quicker, easier, more professional etc.
    I have started selling these now & im finding that when i have printed & sublimated the images, they look nothing close to the mock up even though its exactly the same image.

Images that ive designed myself print perfectly, therefore i know its not heat / timing / paper / ink issues but for the life of me, i cannot get it to give me a picture even close to the generator.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Pics attached:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ive been doing it a while & perfected it in terms of heat / times / corners etc.
    Hmm... I don't think you've 'perfected' this yet. Are you using the correct ICC profile? In fact, what equipment are you using: printer, inks, etc?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    Hmm... I don't think you've 'perfected' this yet. Are you using the correct ICC profile? In fact, what equipment are you using: printer, inks, etc?
    ive certainly not perfected doing them from a image that already exists however when I’ve created my own image the colours are exactly as they should be.

Printer Ricoh SG 3110 DN

Im not sure what profiles I’m using, I’ve never changed anything as it’s never caused me problems previously. I’ve had issues at first in terms of timing & corners but I’ve irradicated those.

Any advice?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a picture of the cases we design ourselves that dont cause me these issues...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Couple of quick questions, which machine are you using and are your phone cases glossy or matte?

Does look like a profile issue on the leaves design.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Couple of quick questions, which machine are you using and are your phone cases glossy or matte?

Does look like a profile issue on the leaves design.
    im using 3D ST3042 with glossy phone cases.
    ive seen on a YouTube video changing the print quality to “High quality” and “photo” setting may help?
    I have made these 2 changes and printed the image & it does look sharper but I just need to sublimate it & see what the result is like.

If it is the ICC how do I go about sorting this?

thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAFFIE View Post
    im using 3D ST3042 with glossy phone cases.
    ive seen on a YouTube video changing the print quality to “High quality” and “photo” setting may help?
    I have made these 2 changes and printed the image & it does look sharper but I just need to sublimate it & see what the result is like.

If it is the ICC how do I go about sorting this?

thanks in advance

@RAFFIE With all due respect, if you don't know what an ICC Profile is then this is most likely the cause of your troubles.

An ICC Profile should be supplied by your inks supplier and it is a file that is installed on your computer. To print, you need software that handles printing using ICC Profiles such as, Photoshop, Illustrator, CorelDraw, or the free Gimp and Inkscape.

You then need to set your printer driver to NOT handle colours, and set your graphics software to manage colours via the ICC Profile.

If you are getting nice-looking prints on your wraps then you're probably NOT printing with the profile. Printed wraps are usually dull-looking and way off-colour, but when pressed produce the correct, vibrant colours.