Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. High Temperature vs Low Temperature Sublimation Ink??
    By astroanalyst in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 28-10-2015, 09:03 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-06-2015, 12:43 PM
  3. Heat Press temperature
    By Bruno in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 10:26 PM
  4. Mug Press Temperature
    By Ian M in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 14-02-2012, 09:18 PM
  5. Temperature problem with Adkins Beta Press
    By Warrior in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 08:50 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mug press temperature issues

Hi, I have been printing and selling mugs for about 18 months now, and business is picking up nicely, but over the last couple of days, while printing my mugs, I have noticed something a little odd happening to the mug press. I have it on the usual settings which work well, but a couple of times lately, the temperature has suddenly become erratic, and jumping all over the place, and doesn't reach temperature and then start the timed countdown (I have always put the mug in at resting temperature, so it has the heating up time plus 80 secs, which has always worked well) so instead of reaching temperature and clicking to start the 80 second countdown, it is just showing a lower temperature, and then suddenly jumped up to 400 degrees, without starting the countdown, so the mug/paper ended up overdone and burnt. Is it on the way out do you think? Bit worried as coming up to Christmas isn't the best time for this to happen. (Hope I've explained this ok) Thanks in advance. Jacqui.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Have you any other heat blankets you can try in your press to determine whether the fault lies with the blanket (maybe a faulty thermocouple) or with the controller?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, thanks for the reply, no I haven't got anything like that, but I do have a swing heat press with it, it came in a bundle with the mug press, printer, swing press etc. Maybe I could try the flat press to see if it does the same thing with that?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Heat blankets only last about 6 months depending on your volume. If you are using a cheap Chinese mug press, it may only last 6 months also. Always have back ups for Christmas.