Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. A4 sized photo printer - Advice please
    By Justin in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2016, 10:13 AM
  2. Max Print Dimensions A3
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-01-2016, 10:01 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-01-2015, 06:18 PM
  4. teddy sized t-shirts
    By jenthelemur in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 04:12 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Text Dimensions for Different Sized Shirts?

I'm being lazy again :)

This is something I should have done years ago!

Someone popped in the shop this morning and asked for a t-shirt with simple CAD/CUT vinyl names on the front and back. So off I go and get a shirt, just happens to be an adult small and then I'm looking ruler just so I can work out the length of the name I need to cut!

Despite having done this every day for years, you'd think I'd remember wouldn't you? I blame it on my advancing years :)

So, my question. Does anyone have a chart with the 'general' width sizes of text for each shirt size, front and back, just something generic I can print and refer to. I still probably refer to my ruler :)

Thanks

John
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    but every font is different, and names can be short or very long ....
    ALSO - prints on back can be bigger than fronts ... fronts curved, backs flat.
    Its what looks right ..... isn't it?
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am ( predominantly) a screen printer so I go for the 'one size fits all' aproach.

With individual names I tend to work on the longest name being 27/28cm wide and sticking to the same font and letter size for the rest. That will tend to fit most sizes including small ladies. If there are more mens XL than Ladies small then I might push that up to 30cm.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to be guided by the order quantity and how it relates to the economies of our roll width, we use 500mm and can cut to 480mm of it on a BN-20 (need to get a separate cutter for simple cut only stuff but time space money you know how it goes) anyway 236/7mm wide gets us two abreast (print and/or cut) but if its a good number then I'll push the boat out and go longways and do maybe 280mm - only if Im feeling generous though :)
    Mark

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies, interesting to read everyone's take on it.

Thanks
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.