Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Ralawise ... what a joke!
    By purpledragon in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 25-08-2016, 07:50 PM
  2. Ralawise what a flaming joke
    By purpledragon in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 30-05-2015, 09:52 PM
  3. Frustrated by local supplier so want my own set up
    By The iBox in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-08-2014, 03:15 PM
  4. Joke
    By Bob700 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-08-2013, 10:09 AM
  5. football joke
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 15-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is that right about ParcelMonkey allowing 30kg as opposed to P2Go? That’s fantastic. We always use P2Go but 25kg Max and have now moved back to PF for everything. DPD breakages. UPS breakages. DHL breakages. PF no breakages. Yes more money as you say but seems like they take handling more seriously.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the Post Office also allow up to 30kg over the counter but is more expensive with them though.

The online option on parcelmonkey is collection only and label-less, if they offer a label to be printed on there after ordering then you should be able to drop off at the PO.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Have you considered trying to get a business account with a courier - if you get in touch with them, they'll all give you a quote, so you can play them off against each other and get the best deal, then you can have your parcels collected too.
    Another option (that I haven't looked into I admit) is looking at becoming one of the drop-off/collection places. LogoBear, your shop looks in a good location for this (although I don't know if there's others too close to you already doing this) but could be an option if you have room - your shop looks a good size, but I don't know how full it all is.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pisquee For This Useful Post:

logobear (05-12-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    Have you considered trying to get a business account with a courier - if you get in touch with them, they'll all give you a quote, so you can play them off against each other and get the best deal, then you can have your parcels collected too.
    Another option (that I haven't looked into I admit) is looking at becoming one of the drop-off/collection places. LogoBear, your shop looks in a good location for this (although I don't know if there's others too close to you already doing this) but could be an option if you have room - your shop looks a good size, but I don't know how full it all is.
    Next to me is a copy shop and a year ago they started with GLS as a drop off and collect point. Believe me, you need a lot of room and the patience of a saint with most people. How do you ask for ID in the UK just to make sure you are giving the parcel to the right person? Takes time. We all have ID cards here so its easy. Plus you will make very little money from it and the customer will inevitably come in when you are doing some important job that is your real business, and stand behind this customer huffing and puffing while waiting to be served.
    I see this every day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shops make approx £200 per month on having a collection point plus any additional revenue collected from customers purchasing whilst visiting. Three shops in my town have recently stopped using both DPD and UPS due to the hassle, we now only have Hermes and Parcelforce.