Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Ralawise ... what a joke!
    By purpledragon in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 25-08-2016, 07:50 PM
  2. Ralawise what a flaming joke
    By purpledragon in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 30-05-2015, 09:52 PM
  3. Frustrated by local supplier so want my own set up
    By The iBox in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-08-2014, 03:15 PM
  4. Joke
    By Bob700 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-08-2013, 10:09 AM
  5. football joke
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 15-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Angry DPD Local .... joke ! (not)

Logobear get DPD delivery most days of the week, but since we don't send much stuff out, we use DPD local and drop off boxes at their local drop shop (Curry PC World)

I booked delivery to Manchester on 1-2 days and dropped box last wednesday.
    Got an email saying received, and promise of delivery no later than following monday on DPD portal.
    Monday, - client inquires where box is?
    spends time on live chat (as do I) only to discover box is still at drop shop !!!!

Anyhow, - collect my own box back, drove over 300 mile round trip....
    Client happy!

Today, spent over 1 hour again on DPD live chat, offer nothing except a weak apology, and that if I wait 1 week, I can apply for a refund !

How can DPD get away with such S**T service, and i can i grow a business ?
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Having worked as a delivery driver for Hermes for 11 years in a previous incarnation all I can say is that these firms are a law unto themselves. The way they treat their drivers and customers beggars belief at times, but they seem to have some sort of cast iron immunity from any lawful attempts to stop their underhanded practices. DPD drivers in Glasgow were going to walk out at the weekend, disrupting the Black Friday deliveries, over disputes with DPD and the GMB union could do nothing to support the drivers as DPD threatened legal action for any losses occurred due to late Black Friday deliveries!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never had any complaints with DPD delivering to me, or collecting from me.
    One thing that has always concerned me with the DPD Local service is how long is the parcel going to sit there before collection? Do thje staff in Currys care enough to ensure that box at the back of the cupboard is taken with the rest of the collections?
    Sounds like they don't.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

I got let down by UPS who always seemed quality in the past. They never collected from a drop off point and the first I knew was when the customer complained. They apologised profusely but then failed to collect again!

Ended up with me re-claiming it from the drop off point and making other arrangements.

DPD have really gone down in my estimations lately. Driver here throws stuff around in the back of his van in a rage.

Lots of complaints online about them and they are trying to force more pay cuts which the union are running scared from as DPD lawyers have said they will sue the Union.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.
    Sadly, that is exactly the problem.

When I was in Cambridgeshire i vowed never to use DPD Local again because the guys at Peterborough were utter twat's. Even head office said they want to get rid of them but couldn't as they were a franchise. At that time they had the contract for this big online baby merchandisers there who were sending about 3 articulated lorries a day, they really did not care about anyone else.

When they lost the contract they were all over me like a bad rash trying to get the business back which they never managed.

Now I am in N Wales, i use both DPD and DPD local and both depots are spot on, can not do enough for me and the drivers are always on the ball.

Having said that, LOGOBEAR's problem could have been solved in a much better way than it has been dealt with.

Only thing I would suggest is use something like Parcels To Go and make sure the item is collected from your office by the carrier. It might cost a bit more, but at least you know its in the system.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've got those Peterborough guys. Unfortunately my Xpres orders come in through DPD, so I wouldn't dare order an odd number of mug boxes. They get smashed and with attitude from the driver along with it. So if I'm sending our big orders out with parcelmonkey or parcel2go, I'll spend a couple of quid extra on the next supplier. I've already discussed their business practices, so they don't pass my moral code either!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I deal with DPD every day of the week and although they are still my preferred courier, i have ran into plenty of issues with them over the years...

Don't drop off at a local collect expecting a guaranteed next day or even two day (doesn't matter if it's a Matalan or a Currys where you would expect daily collections). Your business will take a hiding.

Drivers typically speaking do not collect items from collection points if it is not in their gun and/or are not assigned to be on collection duty. For example, my nearest Matalan sees approx 6-7 drop vans appear every day, however only one driver in the morning will collect. There is also no guarantee that a driver will collect daily. UPS or Parcelforce 24 at a post office is more reliable IMO, or get to a depot before everything gets caged at around 7pm.

If you arrange a home collect instead then the system will (or should) allocate onto a driver's run, giving a better chance of collection on the day.

I would also never speak directly with DPD customer services on the 0121 number to resolve issues as they are very limited on what they can do to help, i only work with the local depots.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks Technick
    i agree that generally DPD the most reliable.
    this is the 1st big issue with DPD local, - but if you only send very occasionally, ....
    Is it the only option?

Anny suggestions?
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using a parcel broker such as Parcel2Go or Interparcel, (I use the latter as they have given better service when problems arise) , I tend to choose TNT for larger items.

Historically, TNT have always out-performed their rivals by actually employing their own drivers and using their own vehicles rather than contracting subbies like most do. In bad weather or when there was some other problem which put pressure on a driver they would often book a taxi to rendezvous with their driver to take a selection of parcels from him and lessen the stress. Subbies for other carriers were just left to it and got fined for any late/missed deliveries.

The main reason now, however, is that TNT have a large depot fairly close to me.This means that should the driver miss a collection (It has happened 2 or 3 times) I can drive to the depot early evening and get the consignment into the system so it's still delivered next day. TNT are the only carrier near enough for me to do this easily.

You might want to consider which ones are close to you when choosing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would recommend just going with Parcelforce 24 for local drop offs, their drivers are more reliable with post office collections than any of the couriers working with third party collection points. Although not the cheapest, their prices have dropped a fair bit to compete with DPD and UPS. Parcelmonkey seems to be better for booking PF than P2G, they allow up to 30KG which I use for posting 72 mugs. If posting any more than that it would have to be collection from premises.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to technick For This Useful Post:

UK Printed Mugs (29-11-2018)