Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. picture too light
    By Mumfy in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18-12-2014, 11:36 PM
  2. picture quality
    By NICOLLA B in forum Printers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-06-2014, 12:49 PM
  3. koolArt picture
    By Paul in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 06:31 PM
  4. Need help with epson s22 and sublimating mugs
    By gbasource in forum Printers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-08-2012, 11:53 AM
  5. Help with item in picture
    By justy22 in forum Screen Printing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 02:18 PM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mugs are sublimating darker than the picture

Hello, I've been having some colour issues with my mugs. Im using photoshop elements 14, a ricoh sg3110dn printer, a blue wave, mp160 heat press ( which doesn't have an idling temperature) city ink express sublimation inks and papers ,I've triple checked that all my printer prefernence are where they should be and im just at a loss. Photographs are just too dark when I'm pressing, they are light as they should be when printed but really dark after sublimating.
    Basic colours work spot on such as text or drawings that have been scanned and sublimated.
    my inks are fresh, the printer is used daily ,the mugs are good, I've had success with them with anything other than photos.
    at the moment I am pressing them at 180 degrees for 180 seconds. before that it was 170 degrees for 200 seconds, both give the same results.
    Any help or suggestions greatly received thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi. Great first post, you've evidently tried every avenue yourself before posting.

I have much the same setup as you (just different presses) and experience the same problem with some images. I put this down to my monitors not being profiled so that what I see on screen isn't exactly what's printed. I get around this by adding a Brightness adjustment layer in PS to compensate. I then bump the brightness up by 25 to 30 and that seems to do the trick.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi thanks for the reply, I shall give that a try, such a frustrating business sometimes, I've googled everything so much and this forum always comes up so took the plunge and asked my question! do you mind me asking if you know how to test that the mug press is actually working properly? i.e heating evenly?
    thanks in advance

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my god, I did what you said with the lightening of the images and it worked!! Pictures are perfect!! Thank you again for your advice .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lollyb85 For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (19-12-2018)